My Escape from CFM

  • G1984
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 31, 2013
      I got saved in the Baptist Church when I was 9 years old, and attended a CFM Church in my community for nearly 9 years. The events that I saw transpire during that time sadden me greatly. During the time I was there, I saw this church go from being a legitimate place of Worship where the Holy Spirit moved at every service, to being little more than a front for harboring Illegal Immigrants.

      Before I go any further, I want it clearly understood that the only reason I bring up Race, is because it seemed to me to make a definite difference in how this particular pastor treats people who attend his church, and played a significant role in the abuses I witnessed (and in some cases, suffered) during my time attending this church.

      The Church Congregation is 75% Mexican, and about 99% of them are here illegally. They would boast and brag of being here Illegally every opportunity they got. The Pastor of the Church (who is white), seemed to favor the Hispanics in the church, and over time, catering to them and to their every whim seemed to become the top order of business, even ahead of spreading the Gospel. Also, over the past few years, the Pastor of the church has been acting increasingly like it is His church, and not Jesus' church.

      The pastor became increasingly obsessed with nit-picking on minor details, from people's clothing styles, how they worshipped, how they prayed, etc. Interestingly enough, he only seemed to treat the White members of the Congregation this way, while basically allowing the Hispanics to do whatever they wanted. We even had one young Hispanic woman attending our church a few years back that always wore at least a pound of makeup, spike heels, and skirts/dresses that barely covered her crotch, but nothing was ever said about this that I am aware of.

      The pastor also made a number of bizarre rules, that while seemingly based on Scriptures, I feel were more designed to protect certain people in the church. I am going to give just one example of this. The pastor had a rule, that if a parishioner had been witnessed doing something wrong, you could not confront the person doing wrong or bring it to the Pastor's attention unless there were at least Two witnesses. We had a man attending the church for the period of about a year, that I observed touching young children, and stealing from the church, on numerous occasions. However, on each occasion, I was the only person who saw him doing these things, and so, according to the rules, I had to remain silent. This man later moved out of the area, but I am still bothered because he did wrong and there was absolutely nothing I could do about it due to the rules of the church.

      I finally left after growing tired of constantly being criticized by the Pastor, over increasingly stupid and trivial matters. I have been attending a church very similar to the one I got saved in when I was 9, and I am loving it.

      Blessings to All :).
    • its_just_me_nancy
      Message 2 of 2 , Feb 1, 2013

        Another Chapter of Disaster in the World of CFM.

        I live in San Antonio which is predominately Hispanic but I've never been in a church where they were illegals were catered to. I have heard of Catholic churches trying to protect illegals though.  My ex-husband is Mexican American. Are you from New Mexico or Arizona??? I'm glad you came here to further expose the true nature of the fellowship.  Don't beat yourself up for not reporting that pervert. If you were like any of the rest of us, you were bothered but brainwashed. Hind site is 20/20. Bless you as you continue to walk in FREEDOM no matter where you go to church or if you don't go at all.  I have not figured out how these girls walk in spike heels. I would so fall on my ass. That must have been quite the sight to see with her short skirt.

        Shalom from San Antonio - Nancy - demographics of S.A. below.

        • Hispanic - 838,952 (63.2%)
        • White alone - 353,106 (26.6%)
        • Black alone - 83,365 (6.3%)
        • Asian alone - 30,596 (2.3%)
        • Two or more races - 15,415 (1.2%)
        • American Indian alone - 2,771 (0.2%)
        • Other race alone - 2,105 (0.2%)
        • Native Hawaiian and Other Pacific Islander alone - 1,097 (0.08%)