Re: Salty Old Steve Brown's January Letter - re the election

    Message 1 of 5 , Jan 24, 2013
      Nancy quoted:

      [I woke in the morning to discover that something had gone seriously wrong. God caused, allowed or maybe permitted the reelection of President Obama. How could God do something like that? My worldview doesn't allow for screw-ups from God. I have always believed he was in charge of this mess. I am sure God has a special place in his heart for America and its leadership. And given my own views, turning on the television the morning after the election was not dissimilar to walking into a Kafka novel.]

      Barack Obama is a menace to America, but I think that Mitt would have been too.  I voted against Obama rather than for Romney.  Obama thinks he can borrow and spend without consequence.  Quite insane.  He's chasing money out of the US with higher taxes at a time when we need to attract investment.  He's a talented politician, but a lousy leader.  Mitt wasn't even a talented politician.

      I don't think we have had a decent president since Ronald Reagan and I even have issues with him.  But, overall he was way better than the clowns that followed him.  We are locked into a political system with two parties that are both destructive to the American people.  Between unbridled free trade and over taxation with big government, it is the people who are getting crushed in the middle.

      I am hoping a new political party will rise up and really represent the people who love the idea of the land of the free and the home of the brave.  If not, things could get quite out of hand here, and perhaps even violent.  We are going to run out of money if we don't reign in government spending and free trade.  When the money runs out is when things will get ugly.  I understand people have faith in God and all that, but "leaving it to God" rarely, if ever, works.  Government by the people, for the people, places the responsibility on the people.

      Just my thoughts on the matter.

    • its_just_me_nancy
      Message 2 of 5 , Jan 24, 2013

        I have no qualms with what you say, in fact I agree. But people of faith will say that God is in charge of this hell-hole mess (God guides the Kings Heart), and for whatever reason HE has allowed all this to happen.

         I am very afraid of the future, especially since this new little granddaughter has come on the scene. I fear for my kids future, for my grandkids, but what can I do?

        My tendency is to go into anxiety mode, but at this point in my life, I HAVE to believe that there is a God in control of this mess, and ultimately His will - will be done.

        Of course people have to vote.

        We need to get the idiots out of 1600 Pennsylvania Dr. and hopefully some new party will rise up and turn things around before it is totally too late.

        People used to think my son Eric was a loony tune because of his views of martial law, concentration camps for American citizens, chemtrails, and the whole enchilida, but now I am not so sure. He may not be the loony one after all.  By the way, he turned 31 today!

        Oh, I am soooo rambling.

        Anyway, Kenno, you get my point. In the midst of this mess and my fears I choose to believe in a good God and that He hasn't gone off to vacation in the Bahama's and forgotten about us all.

        Keep on keeping on!

        Love ya bro,Nancy

        Message 3 of 5 , Jan 24, 2013
          Nancy said:

          [Anyway, Kenno, you get my point. In the midst of this mess and my fears I choose to believe in a good God and that He hasn't gone off to vacation in the Bahama's and forgotten about us all.]

          In the movie, Bruce Almighty, Jim Carey's character is given God's power.  God, played by Morgan Freeman, at one point says he is going to take a vacation.  When Bruce questions the idea that God could take a vacation, God responds with, "Ever hear of the Dark Ages?"  If you read about that period of time, you have wonder if there is a God, where was he?

          There are a lot of theories about that, of course.  A Jewish Christian told me that the Gentile church failed God the same way the Jews did in their history.  Only when someone, or a group of people, sought God would there be a restoration of his presence and all that.  But that is a long subject.

        • its_just_me_nancy
          Message 4 of 5 , Jan 25, 2013

            Ha ha. The dark ages. I saw that movie a few times! Good point.

            Have a good weekend,