Re: What is Obama reading?

    Message 1 of 28 , Jul 1, 2012
      silliopolis said:

      [I have been following the progress of China for a number of years and although
      also dogged by corruption, China's move to the top of the pile has in my opinion
      is very calculated. The main focus of the world I think is now on China's
      economic strength. He who controls the financial markets holds a big stick in
      world politics. The US deficit has more zero's in it than the Japanese airforce
      had in WW2 and China is carrying a lot of that debt. Meanwhile while the world
      admires it's economic growth, the Chinese military also grows in strength just
      quietly in the background.]

      What some fail to realize is that the lender is in more trouble than the borrower if the borrower can't pay the debt.  The banks over here are dealing with a glut of foreclosed homes, and they are trying to artificially keep the prices higher than they should be.  Also, China's whole success is based on a rather sleazy tactic of manipulating their currency to remain lower than it should be on the world market.  Chinese workers are starting to demand higher wages as well.  Japan enjoyed an amazing trade situation with the United States in the 80s and 90s, but these days it is shifting to China.  That has lowered the standard of living in Japan significantly, and now China is facing competition from other countries who can produce the same goods for less money.  South Korea used to produce almost all of our athletic shoes which are now produced in China.  That market could easily go to other countries depending on currency values and cheap labor.

      The whole thing is based on unrighteous free trade.  Capitalists in the United States rejoiced over President Clinton signing NAFTA, as it allowed them to bypass all the labor laws here in the States and go to countries where they can abuse the hell out of workers and pay them next to nothing.  It is one of the grossest manifestations of greed that the world has ever seen.  This also allowed the same Capitalists to be able to exploit workers in the United States as the shortage of real jobs was created by this unbridled free trade.  Labor has lost its bargaining power, and the balance of power is now totally in favor of the corporate leaders, most of whom have less morals and principles than a sewer rat.

      Last I read, about 80% of China's population is made up of rural farmers who are as dirt poor as they have always been.  Then there are the industrial workers, and then there is the upper echelon who represent to the world China's prosperity.  That small percentage of prosperous Chinese, the Chinese government, and American corporate leaders are making a killing by selling out many people in both countries.  All that would have to happen to end Chinese prosperity is for the United States to stop trading with China.  But American corporate leaders, through the Republican Party, convince Americans that somehow this brand of free trade is so good for America.  After all, you wouldn't want to pay more for an Apple computer, would you?  So what if millions of Americans can't find decent jobs, we need those cheap products.

      Ironic that George mentioned Russia.  Putin is savvy enough to have very limited trade with China.  He will not allow the Russian economy to be raped the way the US economy has been raped with unbridled free trade with China.

    • Loki
      Message 2 of 28 , Jul 5, 2012
        "I still don't think there is anywhere else in the world that I would rather live."

        That's because you haven't been to Melbourne.
      • Loki
        Message 3 of 28 , Jul 5, 2012
          > Most of those type business people would love to come to the US. In
          > fact, Asian immigration is now higher than Hispanic immigration in the
          > US. Asians are clamoring to get in here. Why do you suppose that is?

          Lower taxes.
        • potkonyak
          Message 4 of 28 , Jul 6, 2012

            Loki said:
            [That's because you haven't been to Melbourne.]

            I will not mention Sydney, but will mention Prigrevica. Guys, if you lived in Prigrevica at the time when I grew up there you would know what is the heaven on earth and what is a real freedom.

            It was at the time of "dictatorship" of Marshall Tito, the time of Communism. Prigrevica was a little village of about 4,000 population. Every family had a house and a plot of land, given to them by the State.

            It was the best time of my life: I had no worries whatsoever except, perhaps, if my mum would get mad at me if I don't turn up home in time for dinner (which was in the middle of the day).

            It was not only us kids that enjoyed the freedom and a carefree life but the adults as well. Of course, they worked on their land but it was seasonal. Out of 12 months they had about 3 with hardly any work and another 6 with some moderate work. They worked really hard for about 3 months per year.

            Pay day? Who needs the pay day? Each family grew their own grain, corn, vegetables, fruits, wine, distilled drinks, cow, pigs, poultry... you name it. Each house had a well of water. If money was really needed, they would sell surplus produce and get the money. But there was no better fashion clothing than the stuff knitted by women in the village. The best footwear were home-made "opantsi" or "shlappe": soles were of cow hide and the uppers either cow hide or knitted wool. I would run with them like a tornado.

            I know it is hard for you guys to understand that kind of life-style. It is simply beyond imagination; even hard for me recall after all these years spent in this "free world".

            I am not being ungrateful, I am just saying what is a real freedom. I think that first and foremost is that you do not worry about how to accumulate as much as possible for your old age. Over there, children would look after their parents when they get old. There was no need for some "superannuation" or a shit of that kind.

            Otherwise I am OK - except that I hate America... (lol). Hi Ken, how are you?

            shalom,
            George
            Message 5 of 28 , Jul 6, 2012
              [Otherwise I am OK - except that I hate America... (lol). Hi Ken, how are you?

              shalom,

              George]

              Hi George.  I am OK.  Most of my struggles are due to the stupidity of having been part of a religious cult for nearly 20 years.  It took me too long to recover, and these days America is in a rather poor state, economically speaking.  Long story there, and I generally don't go into it on this message board, that is, how I am doing in Obamaland.

              What you described is typical of those who grew up on small farms.  I lived in a place surrounded by farms for a short time when I was very young, 5 and 6 years old.  The food was unbelievably good when we got it from the farms directly.  The life you described sounds pretty close to the Amish type life, but without the religious restrictions.  Family farms have gone under over here in record numbers, and those who grew up on them greatly miss that lifestyle.  Like you, they say there is nothing to compare with it.

              China, by the way, has virtually drafted people off of their farms to work in these new factories to sell their under priced goods to the world, particularly the United States.  Most of those people would rather be back on their farms, but they don't have a choice.  Even though some facts about the horrific requirements that these workers face have been released, no one seems to care much.  Michael Jordan was, at one point, going to go over and visit some of the Nike factories to observe the working conditions, as he endorsed their products.  However, his trip was canceled, and no more was said about it.  I have the feeling there was a large check made out to Jordan involved.  They didn't want a high profile figure drawing attention to the virtual slave labor that they are using to produce those wonderful shoes.

              Glad you are stopping by a bit.  I trust you are still trying to push down the pillars of the Temple of Family Court.  Let us know how you are doing.

            • potkonyak
              Message 6 of 28 , Jul 7, 2012
                Ken said:
                [Glad you are stopping by a bit. I trust you are still trying to push down the pillars of the Temple of Family Court. Let us know how you are doing.]

                Ken, I am struggling like you. Not necessarily about the same issues but perhaps in a similar manner. It is the feeling of helplessness when one faces an adversary who wields virtually unlimited power.

                I have come to a conclusion that every socio-economic system under the heaven is a good system provided that there is a level playing field for all the participants. I no longer have any doubt that it is the corruption that will eventually destroy every society no matter on which principles it is founded.

                I also have come to the conclusion that the chief drivers of the corruption are the power and the money, the two alternating the top position depending on the time, place and the circumstances.

                I have not experienced in my entire life anything that comes even close to what I am experiencing not only in the family law but something by the order of magnitude worse than that: it is the children's so called care and protection jurisdiction. To put it mildly, it is a child trafficking racket. Hundreds of millions of dollars a year are being shifted from the government into private hands, I bet, at least half of it unnecessarily.

                In the days of Gestapo there was a law for the care of people in need of protection. Normally those were Jews who were "in need of care and protection". These people would be taken, for their own protection, of course, only to disappear in the system and to never again be heard from. Here in the State of New South Wales (the other States appear to be a little bit more humane), children who are found to be in need of "care and protection" are being thrown into the foster care archipelago, with their "protectors" and the rest of the society turning their backs on them. It is only the poor parents who see those children between 2 and 6 times per year, for a couple of hours on each occasion, and, of course, the "charity" which is running the foster care system to the tune of hundreds of millions of dollars per year.

                In addition to the money paid to the "charities" and the foster carers themselves, the government is paying a myriad of other organisations which are offering various courses to those poor parents whose children have been taken away, with a promise that, if they finish all those courses, there may be a chance of them getting their children back. Nothing of the sort: "yes, you have the certificate of completion of that course, but there is no evidence that you have insight..." or crap like that.

                Furthermore, the children cannot be left in the foster care system unless a court makes orders to that effect. So, we go to the Children's Court. there, of course, we have a children's magistrate, a lawyer representing each parent (or one lawyer representing both), quite often paid by the government Legal Aid office, then we have one or two children's lawyers, always paid by the government Legal Aid Office, and, of course, a lawyer representing the Director-General of the State Family and Community Services (which took the child away from the parents), also funded by the government. Get the picture?

                As a private lawyer you cannot get the legal aid grant unless you have been admitted to the "care and protection panel", in other words, unless you belong to the club. Guess who is deciding who gets admitted to the "club"? The members of the club, of course. So, when poor George sends in his application for the admission, he is refused. I wonder why?
                I nearly forgot about another important, government paid, player: the Children's Court clinician. This one is not called to every case, but when he or she comes, parents, run for cover!

                Now, the real crunch comes: I have yet to see a children's lawyer who had not supported the Director-General in a court proceeding.

                Here is something even worse: the parents are regularly pressured by their (Legal Aid paid) lawyers to "consent without admission" that the child is in need of care and protection, with a promise that something will be done later on and that their consent will show to the magistrate and the community Services workers (a worker and her manager) that they are reasonable parents, therefore they may get their children back. Not a chance! As soon as they consented, there is the "care plan" with its "permanency planning" addressed: the child is to remain in the foster care until the child attains the age of 18 years, and there is "no reasonable possibility of restoration" (of the child to his or her parents). What the parents do? The get the chock of their lives, dump the lawyer (who did not cost them anything, since he or she was paid by the Legal Aid), and come to George seeking his help, with no, or very little money to pay.

                So, what George does? Well, the same what I did about tithing: I interpret the law according to the rules of the law interpretation rather than according to the club members who try to tell me "what the law really says". Guess what? The "headship" of the club is on a quest to "excommunicate" me, that is, to force me out of business. There is an office of the Legal Services Commissioner who receives and investigates complaints about lawyers. If he finds the lawyer breached the rules he may recommend the sanctions, including striking the lawyer off from the register of the legal practitioners. So far I have survived a complaint against me lodged by a judge. There are another two complaints that I am in the process of addressing, one, I think, lodged by a Children's Court clinician and one by a "colleagues" of mine. I think one is still in transit to the LSC, which I will soon receive. This last one is being triggered by what I stated in my written submission to the court:

                "There is nothing to add to what has been stated above except to make an observation: the author of this submission is yet to see a child representative who has not supported the Director-General's cause in this jurisdiction. A wise man said, `if two people agree all the time, one of them is redundant'. Here we have the Director-General's lawyer and two children's lawyers, all paid by the NSW government. To add to the absurdity of this `justice game', the mother used to have a Legal Aid lawyer (as is quite often the case) who was also paid by the NSW government. The informed sources tell me that 95% of cases in the Children's Court are decided as the Director-General sought. To add insult to the injury, it is estimated that [foster care charity agency] would have received in this case, at the prevailing rates, about $60,000 to date, while the carers themselves received about $25,000. Talking about a sound public policy!"

                Why am I writing this long post while i am so busy?, you may ask. The reason is that I feel so depressed: today I could not sit down and do any legal work, as I usually do. Just recently a doctor suspected that I might have a cancer. The news did not depress me a fraction of what I feel about this "justice game" in which I am involved. I am seriously thinking about quitting but am not sure if I would be able to sleep knowing that there are thousands of innocent children out there rotting in the foster care system, most of them for the purpose of providing a channel for the transfer of money from the government into the private hands.

                I know that the capitalist system must have capitalists, but to make and maintain them over the bodies of our children, simply does not look right. Or am I wrong?

                Shalom,
                george
                Message 7 of 28 , Jul 7, 2012

                  [I know that the capitalist system must have capitalists, but to make and
                  maintain them over the bodies of our children, simply does not look right. Or
                  am I wrong?

                  Shalom,
                  george]

                  First of all, George, what a mess!  I am truly sorry you have to deal with that morass of government sewage.

                  Second, you are not dealing with capitalism.  Your dealing with the other side of the coin.  That is, big government with way too much power.  As you noted, any system can be corrupted, and it seems some group of people always gets control of power and resources, and the common welfare of the people is lost.

                  We have the same thing over here in family courts, and in the courts in general.  Judges and court systems have way too much power.  My son's friend was falsely accused of abuse of his girlfriend's daughter, and he had to jump through the hoops, and yes, to to useless classes.  One counselor told him that he needed serious counseling because he was just too happy, and that meant he was repressing all of his misery.  This guy is amazingly upbeat, and finally the counselor told him that he was one in ten million, and that she wished she could be like him.  He eventually jumped through all the hoops and had the restriction lifted from him, that restriction being that he could not be around kids alone.

                  I got my first traffic ticket in 30 years.  As part of my fine, I had to "contribute" to the abused women's fund. What does a traffic ticket have to do with abused women?

                  Government gets their fingers in the pies, so to speak.  They "need" money, so they have all these ways of getting it, and the purpose it to keep people in all these useless government jobs.  All these government paid lawyers, counselors, and others are paid by the system, and they set that system up to bleed as much money as they can from the common folks.

                  On the other side of the coin, corrupt capitalists sell out jobs to Third World countries, or countries like China, where they can pay workers next to nothing and abuse them, and then they have power over domestic labor so that they can pay them as little as possible as the job market shrinks.

                  We have both in America, and that is why we are going down the toilet.  The corrupt government people and the corrupt capitalists don't care as they are living the good life at the expense of their fellow citizens.  Quite frankly, I think it is going to lead to some violent confrontations in many nations.  We are already seeing it in Europe.

                  The problem is that people think they have to choose one of these factions, the government or the capitalists, when in fact they are both hopelessly corrupt.  The whole system has to be torn down and we have to start over.  However, as you say, the problem seems to be that no matter what system of civilization you come up with, someone finds a way to corrupt it for their own gain.  That is, a group of people do that.  They gain power and resources, or what you might call the high ground, and they take advantage of everyone outside of their little group.

                  My own opinion is, George, that you have fought the good fight, but you are trying to move a mountain with a shovel.  Noble as that might be, it is a drop in the ocean of what needs to be done.  You might be better off starting a political movement if you can.  You never know where that might go.  After all, that's where the United States of American came from.

                  It is interesting to consider my own example of exposing Wayman's fellowship for over ten years on the internet.  It may have had some effect.  However, people just need to wake up.  You might reach a few here and there with the truth about what Wayman is really doing, but there is nothing like a mass awakening.  It seems that there just comes these times in the human race when various people suddenly see the emperor has no clothes.  Perhaps one of these days a significant number of people in Wayman's World will have that light go on in their heads, and say, "Hey, wait a minute.....These guys are lying, hiding money and women, and ripping us off!"  One can only hope.

                  On a larger scale, I think that perhaps people in nations will realize that they are infested with human parasites, who are sucking their country dry.  When that happens, then you can do away with things like these government institutions, such as family court.

                  I hope your health holds up, George.  Let us know how you are doing.  I know you are busy, but try to stop by about once a week and give a report, if you would.  As you know, the doctors don't have the final word.

                • Loki
                  Message 8 of 28 , Jul 7, 2012
                    George, my brother, you can only darn one sock at a time.

                    Cheers,
                    Perry

                    Message 9 of 28 , Jul 8, 2012
                      I said:

                      [Most of those type business people would love to come to the US. In
                      fact, Asian immigration is now higher than Hispanic immigration in the
                      US. Asians are clamoring to get in here. Why do you suppose that is?]

                      Perry said:

                      [Lower taxes.
                      ]

                      We have the highest corporate taxes in the world.  However, we also have the most complex tax system in the world.  General Electric, GE, not only managed to pay no taxes one year, but got a kickback from the government.  They had teams of tax lawyers and former IRS agents finding all of the loopholes in the tax code.  But only the biggest, richest companies can do that.  The small business person is getting killed with taxes.

                      That's what Asians who immigrate here do.  They start a family business, and in spite of any taxes, they do really well.  They learn the ins and outs of the cash economy, and play the game really well.  Their children rival Jews in their zeal for study and to get into college, keeping in mind that they have to score higher than whites in college entrance exams to be accepted at university.

                      Some were settling in Washington DC recently, which is mostly African American, and the mayor made a statement that they "need to leave."  It was interesting to see prejudice running in that direction.  During the Los Angeles riots, over the Rodney King affair, the African Americans who were rioting took time to burn down the Korean neighborhood.  Some people get really angry over the Asians having this uncanny ability to make it in small business starting with almost nothing.

                      So I don't think it is our mythological low taxes that brings them here.  I have talked to sales people, who aren't even making that much, and they are paying over half their earnings to IRS and state taxes.  Asians seem to like it here because they can start a business, no questions asked.  Just get a business license and go for it.  They love it.  And then their kids become doctors, engineers, and a host of other great things.

                      Live Long and Prosper
                      Ken

                    • cigarscoffeeandbeer
                      Message 10 of 28 , Jul 8, 2012
                        --- In Escape_from_the_Fellowship@yahoogroups.com, kenhaining777 <no_reply@...> wrote:

                        >Some people get really angry over the Asians having this uncanny ability to
                        > make it in small business starting with almost nothing.

                        I think a lot of foreigners make it here better than natives for a couple of key reasons.

                        1. They are willing to tolerate 15 people living in a 2 or 3 bedroom apartment. They consider this an initial sacrifice and will put up with it. They support not only their immediate family this way, but it forms a base of operations and they pool their resources.

                        2. Many take advantage of small business opportunities that are just as readily available to us natives, except they make a serious point of applying for government assistance and find ways to qualify. this too gives them a leg up, and helps to establish their foothold.

                        3. Cash economy - like you said. They are already skilled at black market or cash economy,

                        4. Because many are illegal, they keep law abiding profiles and lay low, working working working.

                        As much as many foreigners might think Americans aren't as motivated - most of us grew up with an attached stigma to taking any government assistance, we want to make it on our own first. the problem is that our first 12 years of school indoctrinate the concept of working for someone else, and many of these ambitious foreigners are used to living in a world where nothing is easy and you have to know how to hustle.

                        As our economy continues to crumble, hustling is the new normal, and we will learn to adapt or die.
                      • cigarscoffeeandbeer
                        Message 11 of 28 , Jul 8, 2012
                          It has only been with the recent world economic developments that I, and I am sue a good majority of people have come to realize how badly we're all being shafted on this planet.

                          I'm seeing more and more come out about similar government bureaucracy all over the planet now - that which went from solution to creating more problems than it solved.

                          I had this romantic notion of one day coming to Australia and thinking that perhaps things weren't as bad there as they are here ... and it seems my romantic notions have now been successfully smashed.

                          The entire free world has been conquered by stupidity in government. I see posts from people in the UK in other forums about similar nightmares ... just as we Americans have our own stupidity in government, outrageous political outcomes, ineffectual electorate, and rising stupidity at every turn, and chemtrails in skies - it's pandemic now.

                          I truly wish there was a God that could save us all.

                          --- In Escape_from_the_Fellowship@yahoogroups.com, potkonyak <no_reply@...> wrote:

                          > Ken said:
                          > [Glad you are stopping by a bit. I trust you are still trying to push down the pillars of the Temple of Family Court. Let us know how you are doing.]
                          >
                          > Ken, I am struggling like you. Not necessarily about the same issues but perhaps in a
                          > similar manner. It is the feeling of helplessness when one faces an adversary who wields
                          > virtually unlimited power.

                        • Loki
                          Message 12 of 28 , Jul 8, 2012
                            I said ***lower*** taxes, not ***low*** taxes. And I don't know what your sources are, but mine indicate that income tax in Australia is much higher than the USA. Corporate tax is irrelevant in this discussion because you were talking about individuals emigrating, not corporations.

                            Anyway... I don't even know what the tax situation in Asia is. I mean, for one thing it's a continent, so taxes will vary from country to country.

                            My original glib response was also a reaction to your long response to the assumption that George hates the USA. I don't think he hates it, but he certainly doesn't love it. Is lack of love for the USA the same as hatred for the USA?

                            Anyway it's all academic for me. My financial situation is dire. I'd rather not go into it at the moment.

                            Message 13 of 28 , Jul 9, 2012
                              Perry said:

                              [My original glib response was also a reaction to your long response to the
                              assumption that George hates the USA. I don't think he hates it, but he
                              certainly doesn't love it. Is lack of love for the USA the same as hatred for
                              the USA?]

                              In past posts that George has written I have gotten the impression that he views us like some of the Muslim nations do, as the Great Satan.  I have to search for it, but I believe he said that most of the evil in the world comes from the United States.

                              There's evil here, to be sure.  Some of these corporate leaders rival the most depraved leaders in history.  But it's not just here.  In his last post, George did accurately observe that no matter what system of civilization you set up, there will be evil people who will exploit it.  Kind of like no matter what organism evolves, there will be a parasite waiting to take advantage of it.

                              Live Long and Prosper
                              Ken

                            • its_just_me_nancy
                              Message 14 of 28 , Jul 10, 2012

                                I am safely back in San Antonio!  Had a great vacation!

                                Kenny said: Or maybe the Vulcans will land in Montana and teach us some logic.

                                At this point, THAT may be our only hope!

                                Hope everyone is okay. Gotta catch up on reading when I get

                                time... The boss has me working like a Hebrew slave! However,

                                I am blessed to have employment......

                                Shalom - Nancy

                                Message 15 of 28 , Jul 10, 2012

                                  Nancy said:

                                  [The boss has me working like a Hebrew slave!]

                                  Now you made me laugh out loud!

                                  Shalom
                                  Kenny

                                • its_just_me_nancy
                                  Message 16 of 28 , Jul 11, 2012

                                    I'm very well known for making people laugh out loud! ;)

                                    Now, what you think about this??  I imagine most people think that Texans are full of themselves... just something my 70 year old brother sent me! Not saying that I agree with it all...

                                    The Country of Texas

                                    As you know, Texas is the only state with a legal right to secede from the Union . (Reference the Texas-American Annexation Treaty of 1848.)

                                    We Texans love yall, but we'll probably have to take action if Barack Obama wins the election. We'll miss you too.

                                    Here is what can happen:

                                    1: Barack Hussein Obamais President of the United States, and Texas secedes from the Union in summer of 2013.

                                    2: George W. Bush will become the President of the Republic of Texas . You might not think that he talks too pretty, but we haven't had another terrorist attack, and the economy was fine until the effects of the Democrats lowering the qualifications for home loans came to roost.

                                    So what does Texas have to do to survive as a Republic?

                                    1. NASA is just south of Houston , Texas . We will control the space industry.

                                    2. We refine over 85% of the gasoline in the United States .

                                    3. Defense Industry--we have over 65% of it. The term "Don't mess with Texas," will take on a whole new meaning.

                                    4. Oil - we can supply all the oil that the Republic of Texas will need for the next 300 years. What will the other states do? Gee, we don't know. Why not ask Obama?

                                    5. Natural Gas - again we have all we need, and it's too bad about those Northern States. John Kerry and Al Gore will have to figure out a way to keep them warm....

                                    6. Computer Industry - we lead the nation in producing computer chips and communications equipment -small companies like Texas Instruments, Dell Computer, EDS, Raytheon, National Semiconductor,Motorola, Intel, AMD, Atmel, Applied Materials, Ball Microconductor, Dallas Semiconductor, Nortel, Alcatel, etc, etc. The list goes on and on.

                                    7. Medical Care - We have the research centers for cancer research, the best burn centers and the top trauma units in the world, as well as other large health centers. The Houston Medical Center alone employees over 65,000 people.

                                    8. We have enough colleges to keep us getting smarter: University of
                                    Texas , Texas A&M, Texas Tech, Texas Christian, Rice, SMU, University
                                    of Dallas , University of Houston , Baylor, UNT ( University of North
                                    Texas ), Texas Women's University, etc. Ivy grows better in the South anyway.

                                    9. We have an intelligent and energetic work force, and it isn't restricted by a bunch of unions. Here in Texas , it's a Right toWork State and, therefore, it's every man and women for themselves. We just go out and get the job done. And if we don't like the way one company operates, we get a job somewhere else.

                                    10. We have essential control of the paper, plastics, and insurance industries, etc.

                                    11. In case of a foreign invasion, we have the Texas National Guard, the Texas Air National Guard, and several military bases. We don't have an Army, but since everybody down here has at least six rifles and a pile of ammo, we can raise an Army in 24 hours if we need one. If the situation really gets bad, we can always call the Department of Public Safety and ask them to send over the Texas Rangers.

                                    12. We are totally self-sufficient in beef, poultry, hogs, and several types of grain, fruit and vegetables, and let's not forget seafood from the Gulf. Also, everybody down here knows how to cook them so that they taste good. Don't need any food.

                                    13. Three of the ten largest cities in the United States , and twenty- three of the 100 largest cities in the United States , are located inTexas. And Texas also has more land than California , New York , New Jersey , Connecticut , Delaware , Hawaii , Massachusetts , Maryland , Rhode Island and Vermont combined.

                                    14. Trade: Three of the ten largest ports in the United States are located in Texas .

                                    15. We also manufacture cars down here, but we don't need to. You see, nothing rusts in
                                    Texas, so our vehicles stay beautiful and run well for decades.

                                    This just names a few of the items that will keep the Republic of Texas in good shape. There isn't a thing out there that we need and don't have.

                                    Now to the rest of the United States under President Obama: Since you won't have the refineries to get gas for your cars, only President Obama will be able to drive around in his big 5 mpg SUV.The rest of the United States will have to walk or ride bikes.

                                    You won't have any TV as the Space Center in Houston will cut off satellite communications. You won't have any natural gas to heat your homes, but since Mr. Obama has predicted global warming, you will not need the gas as long as you survive the 2000 years it will take to get enough
                                    heat from Global Warming.

                                    Signed,
                                    The People of Texas

                                    P.S. This is not a threatening letter - just a note to give you something to think about!