Re: Thanks

    Message 1 of 9 , Jan 1, 2006

      [Happy New to all. Thanks, Ken for your articulate info. It is very helpful, and my husband and I appreciate it. EVERYTHING you express about cfm is everything that we experienced and saw to be true. If any of you out there in cfm are comtemplating leaving, start the new year with a good decision and get out. At first, it will not be easy, but it will be worth it. Don't believe the lies of condemnation for
      leaving, for they are truly lies.]

      Thanks, granny.  What has amazed me over the years of posting about the fellowship on the internet is that the testimonies are so much the same.  One account of insane religion, abuse, and exploitation after another.  Fellowship loyalists try to say that these incidents are isolated incidents that took place in the churches of a few fringe pastors.  No, they took place all over the world and in leadership churches, including Lord Wayman's church.  You have seen a lot, and your accounts have been very valuable.

      Have a happy New Year as well, granny, and all you other "slammers".  For those still in Waymanland, take granny's advice and start the new year by checking out some other churches.

      www.slamthedoor.org

      Message 2 of 9 , Nov 11, 2006

        Thanks to all of you who offered sympathy concerning the passing away of my father.  It is Veteran's Day here in the U.S.  So, I am in a comtemplative mood.

        One thing I thought about was how the WW 2 generation generally did not get involved in religious cults like Waymanland.  They fought for freedom, they saw their friends die for it, and they weren't about to surrender it to some guy who said he was a spiritual leader, or some other crap like that.

        After I got out of the fellowship, talking with my Dad, and other things, made me realize how unAmerican the fellowship really is.  It flies in the very face of the concept of personal freedom.  Our fathers didn't fight in wars so that we would become religious slaves to a religious con artist.  Time to exercise your rights as a free citizen and walk out of that religious prison.  The doors are unlocked.

        Message 3 of 9 , Nov 23, 2006

          It is Thanksgiving in the United States.

          Just wanted to say thanks to all of you who take time to write here and to help expose that wicked religious cult.

          Have a good holiday, all.

          Ken

        • chkx65
          Message 4 of 9 , Oct 8, 2007
            I want to thank all who responded to my request for advice. I am
            starting to feel a little better, at least I can keep my head above
            water most of the time now. We have all gone through hard times and
            our experience is very unique. It is hard for others to understand if
            they have experienced what we have.

            I don't think I have ever lived totally absent of depression, I have
            always had it to varying degrees. However, it was my trip back east
            to my old home town in Upstate NY, seeing and experiencing the beauty
            of the town then having to come back to AZ that really took me under.
            Even my kids who only know Arizona, totally loved it in NY. I have
            always wanted to move back there, but my involvement with the Door
            ruined that. Getting married and having kids at the Door has locked
            me into AZ for a long time. As you could guess, if I ever expressed
            desire to go back to NY while at the Door, I was ridiculed and
            scolded into believing that I would be backsliding and sinning
            against God. Even my wife (now ex) scolded me into shame if I even
            looked at a picture of NY. So my aspirations to go back, along with
            so many others got suppressed. Seeing my old hometown first hand and
            thinking about all of the happiness and satisfaction that I lost over
            so many years really hit me hard. I can't even look at the souvernirs
            that I bought, they are tucked away for now.

            So much that I lost at the Door, so much. Some would say to just get
            over it and move on, and I have moved on and grown a lot. Yet the
            effects of my involvement with the Door last for ever.

            Thanks again for the advice.
          • nancyinsanantone
            Message 5 of 9 , Oct 8, 2007

              I understand what you mean when you say you have "ever lived totally absent of depression"... I too, even as a child can remember what I would just refer to as "melancholy" a sense of sadness for no apparent reason.

              Something I forgot to mention to you when I brought up maybe seeing a doctor for some meds at least for the short haul... For me the greatest deterrent to depression is the realization that God accepts me UNCONDITIONALLY for better and for worse.

               I also believe that religion of the legalistic kind can really cause people who are prone to depression to really crack up, because we know that we cannot live up to "gods standards" (at least what the church "says" "gods standards are.  We have been presented a schizophrenic god who accepts us when we are good (according to the churches standard of "good") and rejects us when we do not live up.... I'm pretty much convinced that any psycho in a mental hospital who actually thinks he is Jesus Christ probably at some point could have very possibly had a very bad religious experience.

              RELIGION SUCKS. END OF STORY.

              But.

              GOD IS LOVE. LOVE NEVER FAILS.

              Truck on brother..... You can make it.

              Shalom, Nancy

              Message 6 of 9 , Oct 8, 2007

                Chuck said:

                [I don't think I have ever lived totally absent of depression, I have
                always had it to varying degrees. However, it was my trip back east
                to my old home town in Upstate NY, seeing and experiencing the beauty
                of the town then having to come back to AZ that really took me under.
                Even my kids who only know Arizona, totally loved it in NY. I have
                always wanted to move back there, but my involvement with the Door
                ruined that. Getting married and having kids at the Door has locked
                me into AZ for a long time. As you could guess, if I ever expressed
                desire to go back to NY while at the Door, I was ridiculed and
                scolded into believing that I would be backsliding and sinning
                against God. Even my wife (now ex) scolded me into shame if I even
                looked at a picture of NY. So my aspirations to go back, along with
                so many others got suppressed.]

                One of my observations of those things that cause fellowship members to suffer depression, or sadness, is that they are denied exercising their own free will and power of decision.  In other words, they let the leadership control their lives to the extent that it kills something inside them, and in turn causes joy to be turned to sadness.  You got excited and happy about the prospect of returning to upstate New York, and the leadership killed that joy and replaced it with regret.  Their motives were to keep you in their church so that you would remain a human resource that they could exploit.

                So many things are lost that can't be regained as a result of being part of that degenerate group.  The best thing you can do is develop new goals for the future.  At least, that is my opinion.

                Shalom

              • nancyinsanantone
                Message 7 of 9 , May 1, 2008

                  I am sure we can all relate to these forwarded emails that we receive from our oh so very superstitious friends and family :D

                  I just want to thank all of you for your educational e-mails over the past few years:

                  Thanks to you, I no longer open a public bathroom door without using a paper towel.

                  I can't sit down on the hotel bedspread because I can only imagine what has happened on it since it was last washed.

                  I can't enjoy lemon slices in my tea or on my seafood anymore because lemon peels have been found to contain all kinds of nasty germs including feces.

                  I have trouble shaking hands with someone who has been driving because the number one pass-time while driving alone is picking your nose (Although cell phone usage may be taking the number one spot)

                  Eating a Little Debbie sends me on a guilt trip because I can only imagine how many gallons of trans fats I have consumed over the years.

                  I can't touch any woman's purse for fear she has placed it on the floor of a public bathroom.  Yuck!

                  I must send my special thanks to whoever sent me the one about poop in the glue on envelopes because I now have to use a wet sponge with every envelope that needs sealing.

                  Also, now I have to scrub the top of every can I open for the same reason.

                  I no longer have any savings because I gave it to a sick girl (Penny Brown)  who is about to die in the hospital for the 1,387,258th time.

                  I no longer have any money at all, but that will change once I receive the  $15,000 that Bill Gates/Microsoft and AOL are sending me for participating in their special e-mail program.

                  I no longer worry about my soul because I have 363,214 angels looking out for me, and St. Theresa's novena has granted my every wish.

                  I no longer eat KFC because their chickens are actually horrible mutant freaks with no eyes or feathers.

                  I no longer use cancer-causing deodorants even though I smell like a water  buffalo on a hot day.

                  Thanks to you, I have learned that my prayers only get answered if I forward an email to seven of my friends and make a wish within five minutes.

                  Because of your concern I no longer drink Coca Cola because it can remove toilet stains.

                  I no longer can buy gasoline without taking someone along to watch the car so a serial killer won't crawl in my back seat when I'm pumping gas.

                  I no longer drink Pepsi or Dr Pepper since the people who make these products are atheists who refuse to put 'Under God' on their cans.

                  I no longer use Saran wrap in the microwave because it causes cancer.

                  And thanks for letting me know I can't boil a cup of water in the microwave  anymore because it will blow up in my face...disfiguring me for life.

                  I no longer check the coin return on pay phones because I could be pricked with a needle infected with AIDS.

                  I no longer go to shopping malls because someone will drug me with a perfume sample and rob me.

                  I no longer receive packages from UPS or FedEx since they are actually Al Qaeda in disguise.

                  I no longer shop at Target since they are French and don't support our American troops or the Salvation Army.

                  I no longer answer the phone because someone will ask me to dial a number for or which I will get a phone bill with calls to Jamaica, Uganda, Singapore and Uzbekistan

                  I no longer buy expensive cookies from Neiman Marcus since I now have their  recipe.

                  Thanks to you, I can't use anyone's toilet but mine because a big brown African spider is lurking under the seat to cause me instant death when it bites my rear.

                  And thanks to your great advice, I can't ever pick up $5.00 dropped in the parking lot because it probably was placed there by a sex molester waiting underneath my car to grab my leg.

                  I can no longer drive my car because I can't buy gas from certain gas companies!

                   If you don't send this e-mail to at least 144,000 people in the next 70 minutes, a large dove with diarrhea will land on your head at 5:00 PM this afternoon and the fleas from 12 camels will infest your back, causing you to grow a hairy hump. I know this will occur because it actually happened to a friend of my next door neighbor's ex-mother-in-law's second husband's cousin's beautician...