Re: Writers of the Past (29)

  • John
    Message 1 of 5 , Aug 2, 2011
      Wow, what a cool post. It would be nice to hear a song like that actually produced and on youtube or something. Doesn't even have to be a "professional" production. I can just imagine the apoplectic outburst from the followers of Wayman.
    • its_just_me_nancy
      Message 2 of 5 , Aug 2, 2011

        Oh my gawd... I remember this, and it was 8 frigging years ago!

        Hilarious...

        Wayman's days are numbered... he ain't no spring chicken anymore.

        Peace, Nancy

        Message 3 of 5 , Aug 2, 2011

          [Oh my gawd... I remember this, and it was 8 frigging years ago!

          Hilarious...

          Wayman's days are numbered... he ain't no spring chicken anymore.

          Peace, Nancy]

          As I read through old messages, I am amazed at how some of them have stayed with me over the years.  Sometimes it was just a comment someone made, and sometimes it was stuff like George pointing out that 2 thirds of your tithe money was to go to feasts to celebrate your knowledge of the LORD, and was to include wine and strong drink.  Wayman's World has been exposed from so many different angles over the years, and by people from all over the world.  The archives of these message boards are there for anyone who wants to sift through them, and find out the truth.

          The reason why fellowship pastors and leaders tell their Waymanized followers to stay away from these message boards is that they know that what has been written on them over the years will likely "ring a bell" with the current members.  Most current members go through a number of times during their stay in Waymanland where they almost leave, and reading a few of the messages that ex members have written over the years might tip the balance, and cause the member to leave the fellowship sooner, rather than later.  So, in order to maximize the mileage that they get out of members, pastors and leaders warn of getting a "spirit" from interacting with "backsliders," and that includes ex members who write about the fellowship on the internet.

          The consistency of the stories that have been told over the years is striking.  The same abuses, exploitation, and long term effects of having been a part of Wayman Mitchell's religious fellowship have been documented over and over again.  Yet, it is still so hard to get current members to consider this fact.  In any event, the information is there for those who seek it.

        • its_just_me_nancy
          Message 4 of 5 , Aug 3, 2011

            I remember on my one time trip to Mecca i.e, conference in Prescott..

            I had already discovered articles about the Potters House on the internet.

            I had printed out a bunch of them and read them to my soon to be ex-husband

            on the ride to see  our holiness Master Mitchell.... My eyes were opening

            BIG TIME.. but by the time we left conference, I was totally reindoctrinated

            and it would be about 2 years later that we finally left.

            Yes, these postings are very good, very helpful to open eyes, and I think the

            more they warn the people of the wickedness of these sites, the more curious

            the people become, so they take one peek, then another, then eyes open.....

            And in the words of Forrest Gump: "And thats' all I got to say about that"....

            Shalom from Sunny San Antonio ... 107 degrees here today.... I am in HELL >:)