Re: Bitterness

    Message 1 of 14 , Jul 1, 2011
      [Maybe it's because I don't have contact with former pastors (apart from
      yourself) that the PH or religion doesn't come up. I did actually say to one
      bloke that I've missed him since I left that fucked up religious shit hole, but
      he didn't comment on it. And that's fine by me.

      I'm sorry to hear about your situation. Not good to hear that it's something

      that is going to kill you (if that's what you meant by saying it hasn't killed
      you yet). I'm all for living life to the fullest, but there are aspects to my
      health problems that make me look forward to death.

      You were actually very unusual in that you took up the banner of exposing Wayman after being out for a significant amount of time.  When you started The Cracked Pots in 2003, how long had you already been out of Waymanland?  Most people lose interest in talking about it, or exposing it, after they have been out for 5 years or more, and some lose interest right away.

      I have been out of the fellowship for over 17 years, but I consider that I really got out when I closed the church I had pulled out with 16 years ago this month.  I know Steve Schoner also was active on the message boards up until he had been out for about 18 years.  He still has his website up, Life After the Potters House, but I don't think he updates it that often.  It still has some good information on it for ex members of Wayman's World.

      What inspired you to go into exposing Wayman's fellowship online after you had been out for quite a while?  Just curious.  For me, it was very stimulating to find Slam the Door and be able to write about my experiences in the fellowship, and what it was like to get out, and what life was like in the fallout of having given so much of my life to something that is a fraud.  And so I have been at it for over 10 years.  As has been stated, I just take it as it goes, and I view the fellowship in light of my entire examination of man and religion.

      My difficulties are not related to my immediate health.  However, my situation is very difficult.  As I said, I don't like putting up details on these message boards as I don't want to give fuel to fellowship to use my misfortunes to propagate their religious insanity.  "This is what happens to people who come against the kingdom of God..." and all that rot.

      As always, I hope for progress in the medical field that will arrest and reverse your condition.  Medical science is actually very close to being able to do that.  I hope that practical solutions are made available in time to cause you to live long and prosper.