Re: Thanks for the new site!!!

  • Paul
    Message 1 of 5 , Dec 1, 2005

      Hi there this post sparked something in my mind. I thought just maybe I'd share what went through my mind as I read it. Number 1 if anyone ever said I had a spirit because I am overweight and then tried to cast it out, they'd be going to the dentist for dental implants or dentures.

      When I got into 'CFM' I was over weight and I lost a lot of weight from outreaching and fasting. I loved it. I got injured on a job, busted my back actually. Then in 95 while I was involved in a ministry my back had a major colapse. Now I am very over weight and its not a Spirit, its because I am unable to exercise.....period. I maintain the weight I am at which is much greater than I want to be but as I am getting healthier I am losing weight because my excisie level is elevated. One day I will be a lean 200 pounder again. I will be very happy then. Until then I continue to love God and pray no one tries to lay hands on me as you described Mitchel doing. (Maybe I should pray he would then I'd be able to assist his dentist in making a little money from the old man. hahahahaha.)

      Message 2 of 5 , Dec 1, 2005

        [Hi there this post sparked something in my mind. I thought just maybe I'd share what went through my mind as I read it. Number 1 if anyone ever said I had a spirit because I am overweight and then tried to cast it out, they'd be going to the dentist for dental implants or dentures.]

        They would say that this is just that demon of fatness manifesting in you.  Your threats of violence show that you are not right with God.  Etc.

        Funny thing is that Wayman O.'s spouse is hardly lacking in physical presense.  Also, many preachers in the fellowship were quite on the hefty side.

        From time to time there would be an implied threat that no more fat men were going to be sent out.  But it seemed to be just an empty threat.  It was just one of those things that Mitch liked to throw out there to belittle and humiliate folks.  Again, I can't imagine what a visitor would have thought of Lord Wayman having people stand and declare that they have a gross spirit.

        There were some who did become quite angry over this particular issue.  I remember one evangelist really got ticked.  Yet no one would ever really stand up to Wayman in all his religious madness.  They all knew that he could ruin them with a wave of his hand.

        www.slamthedoor.org

      • Paul
        Message 3 of 5 , Dec 3, 2005

          (They would say that this is just that demon of fatness manifesting in you.  Your threats of violence show that you are not right with God.  Etc)

          Yes I know that they'd accuse, thats all they do is accuse. It also shows me how far off base they are, getting pounded for that wouldn't be a spirit of Obesity. If it was a Spirit it may be of offence or Anger. Nevertheless they'd get an attitude ajustment........lol