Re: Another Perry Only question

  • Loki
    Message 1 of 100 , Apr 1, 2010
      > Getting a Mac is the best insurance against getting internet viruses.
      > However, if Mac ever became popular enough, then those computers would
      > face the threat of viruses as well.

      Their lack of popularity is not their greatest protection against viruses. Their real protection is the fact that they don't run in administrator mode. It's the same with Linux and Unix. In administrator mode a process (a running program) can make changes to the system files without requiring the user to input the system password manually. This is the default moe for Windows users. In Linux, Unix and Mac (which really is BSD Unix), the default mode is for users to run in less-than-administrator mode and have to manually type in the system password when making any changes to the system. In networking situations, most users don't even know the admin password, making it impossible to alter the system.

      Cheers,
      Perry
      Message 100 of 100 , Apr 6, 2010
        [When I was still in the fellowship. I would wonder and theorize:
        1. Since Lucifer and his fallen angels were subjected to only earth and it's
        atmosphere, would man be subject to the sin temptations of Satan on the moon ?
        2. Why not transport humans to other planets and leave earth to Satan.
        3. Astronaut John Glenn is a christian as were others, did they experience less
        influence from the evil one when on their Apollo missions?

        Manuel]

        This is a classic example of why religion and science don't mix.  When the Bible was written, there was no concept of man going outside this planet.  It was believed by the church that the Earth was the center of the Universe, and that the Sun revolved around the Earth.  Scientists who tried to say otherwise were branded as heretics.  As late in human history as the 1600s, Galileo was put on trial for heresy for saying that Earth revolved around the Sun.

        So, really, there is no doctrine for what happens when man leaves the Earth in a spaceship.  It wasn't even a consideration when the Bible was written.  You are right that the Bible calls Satan the Prince and Power of the Air, indicating that he is ruling on the Earth.  However, in the Book of Job, he is able to brazenly walk into the presence of God, presumably in heaven.  Sorry, but it all sounds like mythology to me.