Arrrgggghhhhh!!!!

    Message 1 of 5 , Oct 1, 2005
      This is a cross post from Naboth which he posted on his site, Slam
      the Door on the Potter's House.

      IF there is one thing that puts me off cfm people it is the mind
      numbing phrases they come out with.

      I knew a man who had been to a church for some time but came to the
      city and joined the Potters House. At first he was sociable and
      intelligent and could think for himself. Three years later all he
      comes out with is fellowship rhetoric. Arggh!! That is sooooo
      brainwashed. A conversation with him consists of the following.
      we're having revival, God is really moving, the church, the church,
      the church, we had some religious people come out but they don't
      stay. That's religious people for you. They say they are christians
      but they don't want to do anything. ect, ect, ect.
      A five minute conversation with these people will expose them as
      brainwashed followers of a discipleship cult leader. They parrot the
      phrases of their pastor who himself is parroting the stuff he hears.
      {What makes me laugh is how they think it's so cool that they meet
      people just like them when they go to conference. I have to wonder
      why.}

      It's not that I hate these people. These people were my friends but
      talking to one of them now is so annoying. What happened to him?
      Intelligent people go off like a tape recording. They also lose
      their shine. I suppose some people would call this maturity but
      seriously you can see this in peoples faces. They were bright young
      converts and then they start looking just a little bit jaded.
      Relationship with God? You're pulling my leg. Pat religious
      phrasology and knee jerk responses and total mind numbing
      conversation {and then they will go on to say that this proves they
      can't relate to the world because they are saved}. I imagine myself
      in that organisation bound to a fellowship pattern and doomed to the
      same conversation with the same kind of people for the rest of my
      life. Arghhhhhhhh!!!!!!!! There is a world out there. Wake up!!!

      regards...naboth675
      Message 2 of 5 , Oct 1, 2005
        [A five minute conversation with these people will expose them as
        brainwashed followers of a discipleship cult leader. They parrot the
        phrases of their pastor who himself is parroting the stuff he hears.
        {What makes me laugh is how they think it's so cool that they meet
        people just like them when they go to conference. I have to wonder
        why.}

        It's not that I hate these people. These people were my friends but
        talking to one of them now is so annoying. What happened to him?
        Intelligent people go off like a tape recording.]

        I had mentioned a couple of years back or so, on Slam the Door, that
        one of the attractions of the fellowship was the "likemindedness".
        I noted that you could meet someone from the other side of the world
        at conference, have a conversation with them, and it would be like
        you had known them all your life. Loki pointed out that this was
        true, but that it was always the same conversation.

        You are so unaware that you are so conditioned. You don't realize
        you sound like a recording. When I was close to leaving I started
        noticing this. As I had allowed myself to think freely again, I
        started to notice that people were just parroting things that their
        pastor or the leaders said.

        What you are looking at is frozen, and even regressive development.
        As you mentioned, Naboth, someone could come in with social skills
        and intelligence, and a few years later they were completely dumbed
        down. Discipleship, Wayman style, will actually cause people to
        become far less than they were when they came in, as well as making
        sure they don't develop as healthy individuals over the years.

        Finding a way around their conditioned verbal responses is not
        easy. If you can just get them to relax and start talking about
        something, almost anything, besides their church and the fellowship,
        then that is usually most effective. Don't even talk about the
        Bible or any of that. And make sure they are no accompanied by any
        others from the church. Like Mormons, they try to make sure that
        when they speak to someone outside the church that they are not
        alone. It is a group mind, after all, that they are trying to
        maintain.

        People in the fellowship are trading their individuality to be part
        of a group that thinks, acts, and talks alike. It is pleasant for a
        while, just like some street drug. But after years of being in it
        and finally getting out you will find that you have paid much too
        high a price for a false unity. Freedom is better.
      • naboth675
        Message 3 of 5 , Oct 1, 2005
          Oh Ken It was horrible! I saw this guy today and I knew him from
          when I was last in the church. I often had debates with him because
          he came from another church background, was quite articulate and
          would question what he didn't agree with. Seriously if you could
          have known this man before and then met him today it would have hit
          you like it hit me. This guy is empty. He's like a fish they have
          caught, gutted and are now feeding on until there is nothing left
          worth having and then they will throw him away.

          You know it can get almost strange posting about the fellowship for
          a long period of time. I can begin to wonder whether it really was
          all that bad. Am I being just a little bit too extreme? Isn't this
          post a bit of an exageration? Standing there today listening to that
          guy confirms all I have said about this group. It is a discipleship
          cult. Leave your brain at the door brother, you won't be needing it.

          I should have known it when I heard him street preach some months
          ago. It was pure parroting of his pastor. No originality whatsoever.
          I wanted to give him the benefit of the doubt. Maybe it was his
          second or third time that day and he'd run out of original things to
          say. No, this guy's mind is in the hands of his god/pastor. {and his
          god/pastor is Ernie Toppin. Darn, that's scary!}

          I will repeat the fact that this man was well educated and had a
          healthy critical mind when he joined the church. Mind you after
          several months of Toppin assaulting his mind over the pulpit he
          actualy said to me, "I wasn't really serious about living for God
          before. Maybe I wasn't properly saved before." Sound familiar?

          regards...naboth675

          --- In Escape_from_the_Fellowship@yahoogroups.com, kenhaining777

        • currentrebel
          Message 4 of 5 , Oct 4, 2005
            I ran into a CFM person and before he said anything just for the fun
            of it I said stuff like:

            we're having revival, God is really moving, the church, the church,
            the church, we had some religious people come out but they don't
            stay. That's religious people for you. They say they are christians
            but they don't want to do anything. ect, ect, ect.

            He didn't have much to say. Cat got his tougue.

            <no_reply@y...> wrote:
            > This is a cross post from Naboth which he posted on his site, Slam
            > the Door on the Potter's House.
            >
            > IF there is one thing that puts me off cfm people it is the mind
            > numbing phrases they come out with.
            >
            > I knew a man who had been to a church for some time but came to the
            > city and joined the Potters House. At first he was sociable and
            > intelligent and could think for himself. Three years later all he
            > comes out with is fellowship rhetoric. Arggh!! That is sooooo
            > brainwashed. A conversation with him consists of the following.
            > we're having revival, God is really moving, the church, the church,
            > the church, we had some religious people come out but they don't
            > stay. That's religious people for you. They say they are christians
            > but they don't want to do anything. ect, ect, ect.
            > A five minute conversation with these people will expose them as
            > brainwashed followers of a discipleship cult leader. They parrot the
            > phrases of their pastor who himself is parroting the stuff he hears.
            > {What makes me laugh is how they think it's so cool that they meet
            > people just like them when they go to conference. I have to wonder
            > why.}
            >
            > It's not that I hate these people. These people were my friends but
            > talking to one of them now is so annoying. What happened to him?
            > Intelligent people go off like a tape recording. They also lose
            > their shine. I suppose some people would call this maturity but
            > seriously you can see this in peoples faces. They were bright young
            > converts and then they start looking just a little bit jaded.
            > Relationship with God? You're pulling my leg. Pat religious
            > phrasology and knee jerk responses and total mind numbing
            > conversation {and then they will go on to say that this proves they
            > can't relate to the world because they are saved}. I imagine myself
            > in that organisation bound to a fellowship pattern and doomed to the
            > same conversation with the same kind of people for the rest of my
            > life. Arghhhhhhhh!!!!!!!! There is a world out there. Wake up!!!
            >
            > regards...naboth675
          • naboth675
            Message 5 of 5 , Oct 5, 2005
              hahahaha I might try that sometime.