Re: Your Whole Life

    Message 1 of 44 , May 1, 2009
      purpleshradrach said:

      [Without assurance the believer will ultimately surrender to any highly
      structured religious program that he/she believes can "keep them saved".]

      This is precisely correct.  This is why organizations like the Wayman O. fellowship say that the doctrine of eternal security is satanic.  The moment someone embraces that doctrine, fellowship leadership loses their grip on them.  The fellowship goes so far as to claim that you wouldn't be saved without them, and adds to that the idea that you can't stay saved without them.  They can't take away what they didn't give you.  None of them died on a cross for you.

      Of all of the Christians I have encountered, the ones who believe in eternal security have been amongst the most pleasant, least judgmental, and most at peace with themselves.  There are always a few jerks in any crowd, but the majority of them are as I just described.

      When I described the fellowship to one of them once, she asked me, "So, how many times did you get saved, Kenny?"  It made me laugh.

    • purpleshadrach
      Message 44 of 44 , May 18, 2009
        Great site. Thanks

        http://www.slm.org/trtdigst/articles/abuse.html