Re: News from Sydney

  • unmaskedinsanantone
    Message 1 of 11 , Sep 1, 2005
      No afraid not,
      but I will be camping for Labor Day
      weekend, totally not politically related at all,
      just R&R. :)

      --- In Escape_from_the_Fellowship@yahoogroups.com, "George Potkonyak"
      <potkonyak@a...> wrote:

      > unmaskedinsanantone writes:
      > [George!
      > Its good to see that you are still amongst the living!
      > Hug hug.]
      >
      > Hugs to you too, you Texan girl! Was that you camping outside the
      Bush's
      > ranch?
      >
      > bless you,
      > george
    • unmaskedinsanantone
      Message 2 of 11 , Sep 1, 2005
        Anybody that is truly great would be humble and
        wouldn't even know how great they are.
        Mother Theresa comes to mind......
        the satanically deceived Catholic woman who
        ministered to the poorest of the poor. Of course
        it was really for the devil since she couldn't
        have possibly have really been saved being
        catholic and all.........

        --- In Escape_from_the_Fellowship@yahoogroups.com, icdeadworks
        <no_reply@y...> wrote:
        > "He then strutted around and shouted about how great he was and
        that
        > nobody could tell him otherwise. He had a word from God and was
        > going to preach it and nobody would stand in his way.
        >
        > Anyway, that's enough for now. There were some more reasonable
        > comments in the sermon. Would anyone like to respond to this?"
        >

        > Showmanship. Part or what makes the Donald Trump Empire what it is
        > would be "The Donald", the personality of the man himself. Tragic
        > when a sermon is the emotional regergitation of one mans
        > bizzare 'experience' which quickly translates into that
        > mans 'opinion'. It becomes 'what Pastor said' and how Pastor
        > personally feels about things vs. how God touched and ministered to
        > his people through a humble servant. All part of the man-pleasing
        > experience.
        >
        > Don't miss it at all.
        >

        > --- In Escape_from_the_Fellowship@yahoogroups.com, "naboth675"
        > <naboth675@y...> wrote:
        > > Last sunday I visited a New Testament church of Christ which is
        an
        > old
        > > holiness church. I went there because a former fellowship member
        > now
        > > goes there and I was hoping to catch up with him. I heard a
        sermon
        > by
        > > a visiting preacher.
        > >
        > > The service was very similar in style and manner as the Potters
        > House.
        > > What struck me was the attitude of the Pastor {some of the things
        > he
        > > said were quite good} He used as his text the passage in the book
        > of
        > > acts where Paul is shipwrecked and is on an island. A fire is
        > burning
        > > to keep him warm them a snake came out an bit him. Paul shook the
        > > snake off into the fire.
        > > The minister said that this symbolised people who bite the man of
        > God
        > > with their words. He then went on for a few minutes about people
        > who
        > > would not recieve his correction and sound council. Then he went
        > on
        > > about how the backbiting in his church was very bad. He said that
        > we
        > > needed to do with these snakes wheat Paul did. Don't fight with
        > them.
        > > Just throw them off into the fire. He said that's what he did in
        > his
        > > church. He just throws these people off and lets God burn them.
        He