Welcome

    Message 1 of 6 , May 9, 2005
      Well here I am. I decided to go ahead and start a little group of
      my own. I have enjoyed posting on Slam the Door for a number of
      years now. However, there has always been the overwhelming
      Christian nature of that site. Nothing wrong with that, since the
      moderators are Christians. Sometimes I would like to say things,
      but I know it would offend many of the Christians who post there,
      and so I keep within the restrictions of that group. Here I can say
      more of what I think at times.

      My main focus is in exposing the nature of the Wayman O.
      fellowship. For me, it is simply a religious con game based on the
      creation of a religious "world". I was part of that world for over
      18 years and was a pastor in it. I left in April of 1994, and left
      the ministry in July of 1995. At that point I re-evaluated my
      beliefs and found that I could no longer believe the Bible
      literally. Many who also left the fellowship of Wayman O., who
      continued to be Christians, found this tragic, and some found it
      extremely offensive. More on that later.

      One of the main reasons for starting this message board is so that I
      can see if there are any others like me who would like discuss
      issues concerning their fellowship experience, along with getting
      out of it, who also have not continued to be Christians. Some
      indicated to me in emails, some time ago, that they won't post on
      the other sites because they don't want to be shot down or pressured
      to become Christians again. So, they can come here, and no matter
      if they believe in reincarnation, or they are athiests, or whatever,
      they can post away. I ask that everyone respect differences in
      basic beliefs. This can be difficult since we are here to expose a
      particularly destructive belief system. That is not an excuse to
      attack people.

      This may be a failed experiment. I am just trying it for a season
      to see if there is any interest in yet another place to post and
      expose the Potter's House Christian Fellowship for the exploitive
      religious system that it most certainly is. We will see how it
      turns out.
    • mr_slammo
      Message 2 of 6 , May 9, 2005
        It is good to see another message board exposing Wayman
        Mitchell and his cronies. Ken, you have tremendous insight and
        experience of the inner workings of WM's fellowship. As always, I
        look forward to reading your posts at STD and will continue to read
        what you post here. I hope that many people will "escape" from the
        bondage of Christian Fellowship Ministries as we all peel away the
        decietfulness of their twisted, cultic tactics.

        All the best!

        mr_s

        --- In Escape_from_the_Fellowship@yahoogroups.com, "kenhaining777"
        <kenhaining777@y...> wrote:
        > Well here I am. I decided to go ahead and start a little group of
        > my own. I have enjoyed posting on Slam the Door for a number of
        > years now. However, there has always been the overwhelming
        > Christian nature of that site. Nothing wrong with that, since the
        > moderators are Christians. Sometimes I would like to say things,
        > but I know it would offend many of the Christians who post there,
        > and so I keep within the restrictions of that group. Here I can
        say
        > more of what I think at times.
        >
        > My main focus is in exposing the nature of the Wayman O.
        > fellowship. For me, it is simply a religious con game based on
        the
        > creation of a religious "world". I was part of that world for
        over
        > 18 years and was a pastor in it. I left in April of 1994, and
        left
        > the ministry in July of 1995. At that point I re-evaluated my
        > beliefs and found that I could no longer believe the Bible
        > literally. Many who also left the fellowship of Wayman O., who
        > continued to be Christians, found this tragic, and some found it
        > extremely offensive. More on that later.
        >
        > One of the main reasons for starting this message board is so that
        > can see if there are any others like me who would like discuss
        > issues concerning their fellowship experience, along with getting
        > out of it, who also have not continued to be Christians. Some
        > indicated to me in emails, some time ago, that they won't post on
        > the other sites because they don't want to be shot down or
        pressured
        > to become Christians again. So, they can come here, and no matter
        > if they believe in reincarnation, or they are athiests, or
        whatever,
        > they can post away. I ask that everyone respect differences in
        > basic beliefs. This can be difficult since we are here to expose
        > particularly destructive belief system. That is not an excuse to
        > attack people.
        >
        > This may be a failed experiment. I am just trying it for a season
        > to see if there is any interest in yet another place to post and
        > expose the Potter's House Christian Fellowship for the exploitive
        > religious system that it most certainly is. We will see how it
        > turns out.
      • libbyedgal
        Message 3 of 6 , May 10, 2005
          Hello, Ken. I am not sure if you remember me. I have posted on both
          Lokispottingshed and slamthedoor. I am also no longer a christian. I
          think that the slams and loki are doing wonderful things to help
          those in still trapped in CMF, but I do not feel comfortable posting
          there. I would hate for one of those horrid, hate spewing, CMF
          posters to use me as an example of how people lose their faith when
          they leave the fold.
          Anyway..Thanks for starting this. I am really looking forward to
          posting and chatting.
          Libby :-)

          Message 4 of 6 , May 10, 2005
            [Hello, Ken. I am not sure if you remember me. I have posted on both
            Lokispottingshed and slamthedoor. I am also no longer a christian. I
            think that the slams and loki are doing wonderful things to help
            those in still trapped in CMF, but I do not feel comfortable posting
            there. I would hate for one of those horrid, hate spewing, CMF
            posters to use me as an example of how people lose their faith when
            they leave the fold.
            Anyway..Thanks for starting this. I am really looking forward to
            posting and chatting.
            Libby :-)]

            Hi Libby. Fellowship weirdos will blame you either way. If you go
            to another church, and still say you are a Christian, they will say
            you are lukewarm and going to hell. If you say outright that you
            are no longer a Christian, they will say, See, that's what happens
            to you when you leave. It is all trash.

            Glad you could join up. Feel free to post your thoughts.
          • Debra Hitch
            Message 5 of 6 , May 11, 2005
              Thanks, Ken. I still don't feel I have a lot to add to either site. I would hate for anyone not to leave on my account. That cult has these people bound in alot of fear, the main fear, I feel, is fear of losing their salvation if they leave. It turns my stomach.
              Libby

[...]

              This message was scanned by ASCI Shield

            • its_just_me_nancy
              Message 6 of 6 , Jul 22, 2013

                Wow, I've been out sick for a few days, and got back to see a flurry of posts!

                Welcome to you Eroshuma, I have to catch up on all the posts.

                Shalom, Nancy