RE: [EquineRepro] Re: Prepubic tendon rupture

  • Allison Thomas
    Message 1 of 5 , Feb 8, 2012
      I had a mare rupture this past year as well, right about 3 weeks before
      foaling - and in her case, yes, it was very sudden. She foaled normally and
      without incident, a very big healthy colt. In my mare's case, there does not
      appear to be any pain or discomfort associated with it - her belly just
      looks quite unsightly. She is a young mare and I will not allow her to be
      bred again, however I expect her to have a long life as a pleasure riding
      and driving horse.