Wing Feast - Taco & Best Ever Buffalo

  • Spicelady
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 8, 2002
      Hubby and I had a wing feast tonight, and we're both hooked on these two wing recipes.

      We like our wings lean, or as lean as wings can be, so I cut off all the excess fat, and bake my wings.  That way there are still calories left over for Chocolate!  I bake my wings in my Excalibur pans for two reasons.  The clean up is instant, but more importantly the wings come out tender and crispy just like they do when deep fried!  They can be done on parchment also, but they won't be as crispy.

      Best Ever Buffalo (med)
      1 Tbsp butter, melted
      3 Tbsp Durkee, or Red Hot Sauce
      1 Tbsp Apple Cider Vinegar
      2 tsp VE Louisianna Hot & Spicy Dip Mix  (or more if you like them hot)
      1/2 tsp Garlic Powder
      1/2 tsp Paprika
      2 lbs Chicken Wings (about 12), split, tips removed, and all excess fat cut off

      Combine all sauce ingredients in 10" Excalibur Frying Pan, toss in wings.  Bake at 400, stirring with Heat Resistant spatula every 10-15 mins.  Bake until golden brown and meat is no longer pink near the bone ~ 30-35 mins.   Serve with Blue Cheese Salad Dressing & Celery Sticks if desired.

      Taco Wings
      2 lbs Chicken Wings (about 12), split, tips removed, and all excess fat cut off
      1.5 Tbsp Olive Oil
      1 Tbsp VE Taco Seasoning
      1 Tbsp VE 3 Onion Dip Mix

      Combine all ingredients in 10" Excalibur Frying Pan, toss in wings.  Bake at 400, stirring with Heat Resistant spatula every 10-15 mins.  Bake until golden brown and meat is no longer pink near the bone ~ 30-35 mins.   Serve with Sour Cream and Guacamole if desired.

      Dana Kayal, Unit Leader
      Independent Consultant, Epicure Selections