Chocolate & Cherry Granola Bars

  • Sandy Savage
    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 29, 2010
      This recipe comes from an issue of Inspired Magazine published by Sobey's. I Epicurized these yummy and easy granola bars.
      Makes: 18 bars

      Tip Before pressing your mixture into the pan, dip your hands in cold water.

      2/3 cup liquid honey
      2 tbsp unsalted butter, melted and cooled
      2 tbsp brown sugar
      2 tsp Epicure Vanilla Extract
      1 tsp Epicure Cinnamon
      1/2 tsp salt
      1 1/2 cups quick oats
      1/2 cup pecan pieces, chopped
      1/2 cup slivered almonds, chopped
      1/2 cup Epicure Cherries & Berries, roughly chopped
      1/2 cup Epicure's dark chocolate chips

      1.. Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C) and line an 8-in. (2 L) square cake pan with two criss-crossing pieces of parchment paper that overhang the pan slightly to create handles; set aside.
      2.. In a large bowl, whisk honey, butter, brown sugar, vanilla, cinnamon and salt until smooth. Fold in remaining ingredients, mixing well to coat evenly.
      3.. Press mixture firmly into prepared pan and bake on the centre rack for 22 to 25 min., or until golden. Cool before lifting from pan with paper handles. Cut into 18 bars and serve or store in an airtight container at room temperature for up to a week.

      Sandy Savage
      Independent Consultant/Unit Leader with Epicure SelectionsT www.epicureselections.com
      902-893-1931

      They're Here! Epicure's Fall and Winter products are now available. Check them out at: http://publish.paperlesspublications.com/?userpath=00000001/00000567/00056591

      Here's our main 2010 catalogue too: http://www.epicureselections.com/en/products/catalogue/

      Like a little? Place an order!
      Like a lot? Host a Party!!
      Like it all? Become a Consultant!!!

    • Dee Anne Feltham-Scott
      Message 2 of 2 , Nov 29, 2010
        Any idea what to replace the pecans and almonds with so they are nut free?  I was thinking sunflower seeds and sesame seeds?

        Dee Anne