Spiced Moroccan Stew

  • Shannon Barkhouse
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 5, 2009
      This recipe comes from the Feb 2007 issue of Oxygen magazine, I Epicurized
      it. :)

      Spiced Moroccan Stew

      1 tbsp olive oil
      1 onion, chopped
      2 cloves garlic, minced
      1 tsp VE Ground Ginger
      2 tsp VE Moroccan seasoning
      1/2 tsp VE Crushed Chilies
      6-8 plum tomatoes, diced
      1 19oz can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
      3/4 cup raisins
      1 1/2 cups water
      1 small butternut squash, peeled and cut into cubes
      1 red pepper, cut into 1" pieces

      Heat oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add onion and saute until
      translucent. Add garlic and spices. Cook for one minute. Add remaining
      ingredients and bring to a boil. Reduce heat, cover and simmer for 40
      minutes. Serve in bowls. I served with pita chips and fresh pita for
      dipping and scooping. Yum!!

      Shannon Barkhouse
      Mom to 2 wonderful boys
      Independent Consultant, Epicure Selections
      (613) 692-4512
      Browse the 2009 Epicure Selections catalogue ONLINE:
      www.epicureselections.com

      Love the product? You'll love the business - talk to me today about joining
      my team for only $175 and becoming a consultant with the fastest growing
      direct-sales company in Canada! No territories, no party or sales minimums,
      just lots of FUN!