Re: [EpicureRecipes] Dips without Dairy?

  • Sandy Savage
    Message 1 of 10 , Jun 24, 2009
      Hi Shandra,

      There are many dairy-free products out there that customers can use from yogurt and sour cream to cream cheese. I find them in the "health food" section of my local grocery stores. Some have the brand name Tofutti. They are usually made with soy instead of dairy. I have a customer whose son is anaphalatic allergic to dairy but he still enjoys many of our dips and other products that ordinarily would be prepared at home with dairy-based products.

      I hope this helps.

      Sandy

      Sandy Savage
      Independent Consultant/Unit Leader with Epicure SelectionsT www.epicureselections.com
      902-893-1931

      Check out our Spring/Summer products: http://www.epicureselections.com/pdf/Spring-Summer-Brochure-2009.pdf

      You can find our complete catalogue online at http://www.epicureselections.com/Products/Catalogue/

      Message 2 of 10 , Jun 25, 2009
        Hi Shandra,

        There are lots of food allergies in our house. We substitute organic
        soy/brown rice yoghurt for the sour cream in our dips. We follow the usual
        1/2 mayo, 1/2 "sour cream" recipe. You can find these in the 'dairy case'
        of your local organic/health food stores. We have made them with non-dairy
        sour creams too, but family and friends seem to prefer the ones we make with
        the non-dairy yoghurt over the 'sour cream'.

        Karen

        Message 3 of 10 , Aug 25, 2009
          Shandra, I'd say her best bet is to make dips that are already dairy-free, such as hummus or bean dip. My kids love hummus with veggies or corn chips. There's also salsa. Ever heard of babaganoush? It's made with eggplant.
        • lmdmcruise
          Message 4 of 10 , Aug 31, 2009
            --- In EpicureRecipes@yahoogroups.com, "melinanobert" <melinanobert@...> wrote:

            > Shandra, I'd say her best bet is to make dips that are already dairy-free, such as hummus or bean dip. My kids love hummus with veggies or corn chips. There's also salsa. Ever heard of babaganoush? It's made with eggplant.

            Hello,
            I have run into this with a customer of mine. We discovered a vegan mayo that is dairy free and mixed it with a soy plain yogurt (found both at Superstore!) then added the dip mixes to it as we would with the regular recipe. I have also heard a tip somewhere that using pureed white beans thinned with a little water can also give a good dairy free base for dips.
            Hope that helps give you some options!
            Melanie Cruise
            Independent Epicure Consultant
          • ANGELA SKINNER
            Message 5 of 10 , Sep 1 5:31 AM
              Whoever is looking for Dairy Free ways to make the dips.Tofutti makes a
              dairy free sour cream & cream cheese. You would never know the difference. I
              did a dairy free party, made all the dips up with this sour cream and they
              were delicious. My hostess was so excited she could now eat dips again.
              Also, red pepper jelly over the dairy free cream cheese was excellent. It's
              a little pricier, but very good.

              Angela Skinner

              Independent Consultant, Executive Sales Director

              Epicure Selections

              519 753 7858

              angela.skinner@...

              www.epicureselections.com - view the catalogue & shop online.

              Ask me how you too can earn fabulous money and party for a living!!!!