Weekly posting from HQ
- *Tested by Head Office*
April 6th, 2000
Serves 4 to 6
l small onion, diced
1 clove garlic, crushed
1 Tbsp (15ml) olive oil
l cup (250ml) Feta cheese
4 cups (1L) torn spinach leaves
1 tsp (5ml) VE Greek Seasoning
1 tsp (5ml) VE Lemon Dilly Dip Mix
1/2 cup (125ml) grated Mozzarella cheese
1. Whisk 8 eggs with VE Greek Seasoning and VE Lemon Dilly Dip Mix.
2. In large saute pan, saute onion and garlic until softened.
3. Add torn spinach leaves, stir gently until wilted.
4. Top with crumbled Feta cheese.
5. Add whisked eggs and using a heat proof spatula slowly stir, scraping
bottom often until eggs have begun to set (about 5 minutes).
6. Sprinkle with grated Mozzarella, cover and continue to cook until
eggs are set (about 3 minutes)
7. Cut into wedges and serve.
Serve with Greek Salad. See your Victorian Epicure Recipe Booklet page
- *Tested by HQ*
Thursday April 20th, 2000
VE SPICED FRENCH TOAST WITH FRUIT AND VANILLA YOGURT TOPPING
1 1/2 cup (375ml) milk
1 Tbsp (15ml) white sugar
1 Tbsp (15ml) VE Pure Vanilla
1 1/2 tsp (7.5ml) VE Cinnamon, VE Apple Pie Spice, or VE Poudre Douce
dash of salt
12 - 3/4" thick slices bread
1. Whisk together eggs, milk, sugar, VE Pure Vanilla and the VE Spice of
2. Dip each slice of bread until soaked. Preheat a lightly sprayed non
- stick skillet cook over medium heat. Cook French toast for 3 minutes
on each side or until golden.
3. Serve with fresh fruit or VE Cardamom Berry Topping.
VE CARDAMOM BERRY TOPPING
Serves 4 to 6
4 cups (1L) fresh or frozen fruit - any combination of strawberries,
blackberries, raspberries, you might even want to add sliced peaches or
1/2 cup (125ml) sugar
1 tsp (5ml) VE Cardamom
1. Combine sugar and VE Cardamom.
2. Sprinkle over fruit and let stand for 30 minutes to allow the sugar
to draw the juice from the berries.
3. This berry topping is ideal with desserts, and on pancakes, waffles
and French toast.
VANILLA - ORANGE YOGURT TOPPING
2 cups (500ml) plain yogurt
3 Tbsp (45ml) VE Grand Marnier Honey
1 tsp (5ml) VE Pure Vanilla Extract
1 tsp (5ml) VE Pure Orange Extract
1. Whisk together all ingredients and serve as a fruit topping on French
Toast, fresh fruit, granola, or fruit crumble.
- Barbecued Jerk Chicken with VE Mango Salsa
In a blender or food processor puree the following ingredients:
6 green onion shopped
2 large cloves garlic
3 Tbsp(45ml) orange juice
3 Tbsp(45ml) soy sauce
l Tbsp(15ml) vegetable oil
l Tbsp(15ml) cider vinegar
l Tbsp(15ml) VE Jamaican Jerk Seasoning
l tsp(5ml) VE Curry Dip Mix
1/4 tsp(1.25ml) VE Nutmeg
1/2 tsp (2.5ml) ground VE Sea Salt
Place 3 lb(1.5kg) chicken pieces in shallow dish and pour marinade over
and marinate in refrigerator for at least 6 hours (overnight is best)
Grill chicken over medium heat, reserve marinade for basting. Cook for
20 minutes turning often, basting as you go. Continue cooking for 10
minutes or until juices run clear when pierced near the bone.
This dish would be perfect to serve with MANGO SALSA. Use VE Fruit Salsa
and for extra flair add I finely diced mango plus the juice of l lime.