Baked Pinapple Chicken

  • Sherry
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 1, 2009
      This is my first post here. I have to say that I LOVE epicure products,
      and want to thank Carmen Locke for sharing this site with me.

      I have saved every recipe that I have seen here, and hope to print them
      in my own Epicure recipe book one of these days.

      Thanks to everyone who shares their delicious recipes here. I thought
      it was time I shared one.

      My husband was looking for a new Chicken Recipe for supper the other
      night, and found this and we Epicurized it. Hope you all enjoy it as
      much as we did.

      Happy New Year!

      Baked Pineapple Chicken
      This dish is delicious. Absolutely yummy. We served it with Rice, and
      poured the extra sauce on the rice.

      Chicken breasts baked with pineapple and seasonings.

      Ingredients:
      · 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
      · 1 1/2 teaspoons VE Sea Salt
      · 1 teaspoon celery salt
      · 1 teaspoon VE Minced Garlic
      · 1 teaspoon VE Three Onion Dip Mix
      · 1/2 teaspoon ground VE Nutmeg
      · 8 chicken breast halves, skin removed
      · 1/2 cup butter
      · 2 cups pineapple juice, unsweetened
      · 1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon soy
      · 1/4 cup granulated sugar

      Preparation:
      Mix together flour, VE Sea Salt, celery salt, VE Minced Garlic , VE
      Three Onion Dip Mix, and VE Nutmeg; dredge chicken in seasoned flour
      mixture.

      In a heavy skillet brown chicken breasts in melted butter. When chicken
      is golden brown, transfer to a 13x9x2-inch baking dish.

      Combine pineapple juice, soy sauce and sugar; mix well and pour over
      chicken.
      Cover tightly with foil and bake in 350° oven for 30 minutes.
      Remove foil and continue baking until chicken is tender, about 30 to 40
      minutes longer, basting with pan juices several times.
      Serve sauce with the chicken, if desired.

      Pineapple Chicken Recipe serves 6 to 8.

      Next time I might try this with Mandarin Oranges and Orange Juice or
      Peach Slices and Peach Juice.

    • Sherry
      Message 2 of 2 , Jan 1, 2009
[...]

        Epicure Addict (Brantford, Ontario)