Vegetarian recipes

  • crooks.chelsea
    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 7 4:40 PM
      Does anyone have any vegetarian BBQ ideas?
    • Laurie Quinn
      Message 2 of 3 , Jul 8 3:55 AM
        I love bbqing veggie kebabs. You can use mushrooms, zucchini, peppers, onions, cherry tomatos. This is where our bamboo skewers also come in handy so the veggies don't end up spinning around the skewer as you're trying to turn them.

        I have been marinating them in the souvlaki spice blend using the recipe on the jar - delicious!

        Laurie Quinn
        Independant Epicure Consultant
        519-581-7523

        I love food. I love eating it, cooking it, talking about it, dreaming about it...

        Does anyone have any vegetarian BBQ ideas?

      • Joella Tufford
        Message 3 of 3 , Jul 8 6:34 AM
          I had my girlfriends over for a bbq a few weeks ago, one of whom is a vegetarian. Rather than hamburgers for her, I grilled eggplant, zuccini, 1 large portobello mushroom, and a thick slice of cheddar cheese...all of which I had marinated overnight in olive oil and a handfull of different Epicure seasonings. I used herb and garlic dip mix, lemon dilly, and tuscan rub. Grill veggies on medium heat until tender, and just flash grill the cheese on high heat until it starts to get tender. Serve on a toasted hamburger bun...my friend used lemon dilly dip (prepared) as a condiment. I think 3 onion would also have been fabulous.

          Does anyone have any vegetarian BBQ ideas?