Kids' healthy snacks

  • Tracy Weinrauch
    Message 1 of 7 , Feb 5, 2008
      Hi,
      I have a mom who wants to do a party aimed at healthy kids' snacks/eating. Does anyone have any ideas or suggestions?
      Thanks,
      Tracy

    • Epicure - Tina & Brian
      Message 2 of 7 , Feb 5, 2008
        Variation on the Pueblo Bean Bites recipe. I love the Pueblo bean dip prepared with beans (recipe on the jar), I spread this on tortillas when making soft tacos. Great way to get kids to eat beans. Parents love this tip at parties.

        Tina Christensen
        Pointe Claire, QC

        I have a mom who wants to do a party aimed at healthy kids' snacks/eating. Does anyone have any ideas or suggestions?
        Thanks,
        Tracy

      • kmusson
        Message 3 of 7 , Feb 5, 2008
          1.)yes!....sansel on apples!
          mmmmmm
          it is soooo goood
          2.)instant plain oatmeal with podre douce for the sweetner
          3.)parfaits...with granola, plain yogurt and frozen berries...then add summer berry fruit dip or lemon chiffon so you can control the amount of sugar in their diet.
          4.) ranch dressing as a dip for veggies...no preservatives...make a little at a time...less calories than bottled.
          5.)The fruit dips for sure!
          6.) popcorn spices!
          hope that helps!
          -Kylye

          Kylye Holly, Independant Consultant
          Epicure Selections
          250-573-2662
          http://www.epicureselections.com/kylye_holly.aspx
          Start your own business,
          Book a tasting Party today,
          or simply call me to "spice" up your life!

            Message 5 of 7 , Feb 5, 2008
              I serve my girls dices apples topped with a sprinkle of VE Cinnamon. Try using Apple pie spice or Pumpkin pie spice too. This is a great finger food, I often use it for a healthy snack on the road. Just put into Tupperware bowls with lids.

              Kelly Amboe
              Independant Epicure Consultant
              Everyday Gourmet!

              www.epicureselections.com/Kelly_Amboe.aspx
              RR3 Site 3 Box 12
              Olds, AB
              T4H 1P4
              Home (403) 556-7113
              emergency Cell (403) 507-0252

            • Kelly & Janelle Trachsel
              Message 6 of 7 , Feb 5, 2008
                My kids love tortillas spread with a thin layer of cream cheese,a thin layer
                of Red Pepper Jelly, and small, thin slices of carrots and/or red and green
                peppers. I roll them up & cut each tortilla into 2 and then hold together
                with a toothpick.

                Janelle
                Regina, Saskatchewan
              • Dawn
                Message 7 of 7 , Feb 6, 2008
                  CHEESY PRETZEL DIPPERS

                  Quick & easy pleasers for parties, snacks or lunch bags !

                  Need : pretzel sticks (I perfer the unsalted)
                  variety of cheese , cubed
                  your choice of Epicure dips already made or
                  mix up a dressing as a dip

                  To assemble : let cheese sit at room tempertue for a short while &
                  insert pretzel into each cube
                  * can easily put cheese on both ends for "dumbell dippers"
                  ( boys love that name )
                  with the ease of Epicure at a party several variations of dips can
                  be made to appeal to all tastes