Re: Bruschetta Herbs

  • cdspices
    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 7, 2007
      Hi Kathleen,

      I have used the Bruschetta Herb (made as per the recipe) and added it
      to Shrimp. It's really yummy!

      Cheryl Drysdale
      Calgary, Alberta

      --- In EpicureRecipes@yahoogroups.com, "Kathleen Hanson"
      <kmjhanson@...> wrote:

      > Hi,
      >
      > I'm wondering if anyone has any recipes using the new Bruschetta
      Herbs.
      > Here's one that I made the other night and it turned out great.
      >
      > Bruschetta Rice
      > (using a rice steamer)
      >
      > 1 cup canned diced tomatoes with juice
      > 1 cup water
      > 1 cup Basmatti rice
      > 1-2 Tbsp Bruschetta Herbs
      > 2 Tbsp Olive Oil
      >
      > Drain juice from diced tomatoes into a measuring cup. Top with
      diced
      > tomatoes until the juice and tomatoes reach the 1 cup measuring
      line.

      > Pour into the rice basket of your steamer. Add remaining
      ingredients
      > and steam for 1 hour. This makes a flavourful rice side dish to any
      > grilled meat or fish. Enjoy!
      >
      > Kathleen

    • Lisa Lefebvre
      Message 2 of 3 , Jul 8, 2007
        Wow - we just tried the Focaccia Herbs - made the bread recipe on the jar -
        and it is absolutely delicious ! I used whole wheat flour, as that is all I
        had on hand, and divided it into mini pizza round sized portions.

        Later on in the day ( for a quick dinner ) we cut pockets into these rounds,
        stuffed them with pepperoni and shredded cheese, wrapped them in foil and
        heated them in the oven. Served with warm pizza sauce for dipping, my son
        and his teenage friends were in awe !!

        Definatley a do-again kind of thing !!

        Lisa Lefebvre
        Independent Consultant

        New Windows Live Hotmail is here. Upgrade for free and get a better look.
        www.newhotmail.ca?icid=WLHMENCA150