approval of recipe please
- ** TESTED AND APPROVED BY HQ **
GLAZED PORK CHOPS WITH SPICED ONION MARMALADE
6 - 8oz (225g) pork chops
3/4 cup (180ml) ketchup
1/4 cup (60ml) molasses
1/4 cup (60ml) orange juice
1 Tbsp (15ml) VE Herb Mustard
2 tsp (10ml) VE Oven Roast
VE Sea Salt and VE Pepper
1. Preheat oven to 400 F.
2. Whisk together ketchup, molasses, orange juice, VE Oven Roast and VE
3. Place pork chops on parchment lined baking sheet.
4. Grind VE Sea Salt and VE Pepper, and brush glaze generously over each
side of pork chop.
5. Bake for 20 minutes, or until meat thermometer inserted registers 150
6. Serve with warm Spiced Onion Marmalade.
SPICED ONION MARMALADE
Makes 1 * cups (375ml)
1/4 cup (60ml) olive oil
1 lb (500g) onions, diced
3 cloves garlic, crushed
1/4 cup (60ml) VE Balsamic Vinegar
1/4 cup (60ml) packed brown sugar
2 Tbsp (30ml) tomato paste
* tsp (2.5ml) VE Ginger
1/4 tsp (1.25ml) VE Pumpkin Pie Spice
1/4 tsp (1.25ml) VE Nutmeg
1. Heat olive oil in heavy saute pan over medium high heat.
2. Add onions and garlic, saute until onions begin to brown (about 10
3. Add VE Balsamic Vinegar and brown sugar, simmer for 5 minutes.
4. Stir in tomato paste and VE Spices. Reduce heat to low, stirring
until Spiced Onion Marmalade is fairly thick.
5. Season to taste with VE Sea Salt and VE Pepper.
NOTE: this Spiced Onion Marmalade can be made up to 5 days in advance,
stored in refrigerator.