Veggie recipes, please!

  • home
    Message 1 of 6 , May 4, 2005
      Hello All!

      I am looking for some good recipes, to spruce up our veggies, at meal times. I have made Dana K's carrot and yam casserole and her roasted carrot sticks. They both get a thumbs up. But, I am looking for many, many more ways to add the awesome Epicure seasonings, to a wider variety of veggies. IE: broccoli, cauliflower, asparagus, green beans, Brussels sprouts and sugar snap peas. I have seen some postings that some of you have BBQed your carrots or other veggies. Could you please post a little more precise instructions. Cooking times, temps, etc. The grilled carrot idea sounds fabulous to me, but I have no idea how to start. Please help me add some life to our daily veggies.

      Hope you all are enjoying your wonderful Epicure products, half as much as I am. If it is only even half as much, you totally love them!!!

      Cherry Dugan
      Independent Consultant
      home33@...
      [306]773-4071

    • Kerry Munro
      Message 2 of 6 , May 4, 2005
        I have gotten my kids to eat turnip by adding the
        Maple Popcorn Topping to it. Actually if I let them put it on thenselves at
        the table they gobble up the turnip
        (which they never liked before). They use the sourcream
        popcorn topping on their cauliflower.

        Kerry Munro

        > I am looking for some good recipes, to spruce up our veggies, at meal
        > times. I have made Dana K's carrot and yam casserole and her roasted
        > carrot sticks. They both get a thumbs up. But, I am looking for many,
        > many more ways to add the awesome Epicure seasonings, to a wider variety
        > of veggies. IE: broccoli, cauliflower, asparagus, green beans, Brussels
        > sprouts and sugar snap peas. I have seen some postings that some of you
        > have BBQed your carrots or other veggies. Could you please post a little
        > more precise instructions. Cooking times, temps, etc. The grilled carrot
        > idea sounds fabulous to me, but I have no idea how to start. Please help
        > me add some life to our daily veggies.
        >
        > Hope you all are enjoying your wonderful Epicure products, half as much as
        > I am. If it is only even half as much, you totally love them!!!
        >
        > Cherry Dugan
        > Independent Consultant
        > home33@...
        > [306]773-4071

        > All recipes sumitted have not been tested by the Victorian Epicure
        > Research and Development team unless otherwise posted.
        >
        > Victorian Epicure (Epicure Selections) do not take any responsibilities on
        > any posted messages.Community email addresses:
        > Post message: epicurerecipes@yahoogroups.com
        > Subscribe: epicurerecipes-subscribe@yahoogroups.com
        >
        > Shortcut URL to this page:
        >

        > Yahoo! Groups Links

      • Bette Lewin
        Message 3 of 6 , May 4, 2005
          Hi Cherry,

          I sauté asparagus in olive oil and roasted garlic instead of steaming. This also works with broccoli.

          Bette Lewin
          Group Leader, Independent Consultant
          Epicure Selections
          (905)886-8796 / (647)885-0367
          bette.lewin@...
          www.epicureselections.com

          Turn your everyday into gourmet......simply by opening a jar.

          Message 4 of 6 , May 4, 2005
            Here is one extremely simple way to spruce up peas:

            In a microwave-safe container, add a tablespoon of water to required amount of frozen peas and steam in microwave. (approx 3-4 minutes on med-high, more for larger quantities) When you remove, drain excess liquid and sprinkle in VE Mint. (Butter optional) Serve!! Surprising combination but really jazzes up ordinary peas!

            You can also do carrots in a similiar way, either from fresh or frozen and add our VE Parsley with some farm fresh butter - - - mmmmm!

            home <home33@...> wrote:
[...]

            Kirstin L. Detert
            Mom to Noah (5yrs) and Braeden (23 mos)
            Independant Consultant & Team Leader, Epicure Selections
            (780) 463-0741 (C) 719-7355
            Email: kirstysepicure@...
            This is my home-based business: www.epicureselections.com
            "Make everyday gourmet....simply by opening a jar!"

          • Barbara
            Message 5 of 6 , May 5, 2005
              Hi Cherry!
              Look in your frozen food section for a bag of mixed green and yellow
              beans with baby carrots. To prepare them place them in a microwave
              safe bowl and drizzle them with olive oil and our balsamic vinegar.
              The sprinkle in some vegetable seasoning and roasted garlic. Toss to
              coat, cover with cling wrap (or the lid to your microwave safe bowl)
              and nuke until the beans are cooked yet still slightly crispy. Very yummy!
              Barbara.

              --- In EpicureRecipes@yahoogroups.com, home <home33@s...> wrote:
              > Hello All!
              >
              > I am looking for some good recipes, to spruce up our veggies, at
              meal times. I have made Dana K's carrot and yam casserole and her
              roasted carrot sticks. They both get a thumbs up. But, I am looking
              for many, many more ways to add the awesome Epicure seasonings, to a
              wider variety of veggies. IE: broccoli, cauliflower, asparagus,
              green beans, Brussels sprouts and sugar snap peas. I have seen some
              postings that some of you have BBQed your carrots or other veggies.
              Could you please post a little more precise instructions. Cooking
              times, temps, etc. The grilled carrot idea sounds fabulous to me, but
              I have no idea how to start. Please help me add some life to our
              daily veggies.

              > Hope you all are enjoying your wonderful Epicure products, half as
              much as I am. If it is only even half as much, you totally love them!!!

              > Cherry Dugan
              > Independent Consultant
              > home33@s...
              > [306]773-4071

            • Tracy M.
              Message 6 of 6 , May 5, 2005
                Hi there!
                In the summer, my family really enjoys vegetables on the barbeque--I
                cut up a mixture of fresh veggies (carrots, celery, onions, peppers,
                etc.) and then I make up a recipe of either the balsamic vinagrette
                or the classic salad dressing recipe ( from the bottle) and toss it
                with my cut veggies and barbeque them in a foil pan for 20 min or so
                on med high temp. They taste wonderful!