Re: [EpicureRecipes] Chocolate Fondue

  • dgrisingstar@aol.com
    Message 1 of 8 , Oct 1, 2004
      Hi,
      I just did a chocolate fondue at a party. In the chocolate lovers cookbook
      it says to use 1 cup of whipping cream and 1 cup of the belgian chocolate
      pieces. It was fantastic!
      Hope that helps!
      Debbie Grimsley
      Winnipeg, Manitoba
      (204) 889-4804

    • Sheryl & Paul Thiessen
      Message 2 of 8 , Oct 2, 2004
        Hi Kirsty,
        I my only experience with chocolate fondue is to add milk to the chocolate. It will not only make the fondue go farther, but will make the chocolate that much smoother.
        Message 3 of 8 , Oct 2, 2004
          May I suggest adding some spice. You could mix 1 tsp of poudre douce with 1 Tbsp of sugar then add it to the chocolate. The spice in the sugar keeps it from clumping.

          You could also add our peppermint extract. That would make a surprising choc. fondue idea.

          Another thing might be to add Grande Marnier or a hazelnut liquer. With both the peppermint extract and the liquers you will probably have to use milk or cream to keep the chocolate from solidifying. Start with the milk/cream and after it has blended with the chocolate, add the flavourings.

          kirstysepicure <kirstysepicure@...> wrote:
[...]

          Yahoo! Groups SponsorADVERTISEMENT

        • Catherine O'Neill
          Message 4 of 8 , Oct 4, 2004
            I have used the Mexican Chocolate Fondue recipe with
            great success. I have also altered this by using the
            White chocolate, whipping cream, Mole Poblano Rub with
            a few Milk Chocolate chips. This makes a chocolate
            dip that has a Carmel flavor.

            Ciao Bella
            Cathy

            --- kirstysepicure <kirstysepicure@...> wrote:

            ---------------------------------
[...]

            Unsubscribe:

            Shortcut URL to this page:

            Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ADVERTISEMENT

            Terms of Service.

            =====

          • Gail Gaudreau
            Message 5 of 8 , Oct 5, 2004
              When you say you use whipping cream, do you mean you buy the carton
              of cream for whipping and pour it in? Or do you whip the cream first
              and then pour it in?
              Thanks Gail.

              --- In EpicureRecipes@yahoogroups.com, Catherine O'Neill
              <spotabmw@y...> wrote:
              > I have used the Mexican Chocolate Fondue recipe with
              > great success. I have also altered this by using the
              > White chocolate, whipping cream, Mole Poblano Rub with
              > a few Milk Chocolate chips. This makes a chocolate
              > dip that has a Carmel flavor.
              >
              > Ciao Bella
              > Cathy
              >

              > --- kirstysepicure <kirstysepicure@y...> wrote:
              >
              > ---------------------------------
              > Hi all!
              >
              > I have a customer who is requesting recipes for
              > Fondue.
              > Specifically, she would like to do a chocolate fondue
              > with our Milk
              > Chocolate. I advised her that it was quite simple;
              > just melt the
              > chocolate. However, I wouldn't mind some input as she
              > would like to
              > get a brochure with ideas on both chocolate and
              > meat/veggie fondue
              > recipe ideas.
              >
              > Any ideas?
              >
              > Thanks,
              > Kirstin Detert
              > Epicure Consultant, Edmonton
              >

              > All recipes sumitted have not been tested by the
              > Victorian Epicure Research and Development team unless
              > otherwise posted.
              >
              > Victorian Epicure (Epicure Selections) do not take any
              > responsibilities on any posted messages.Community
              > email addresses:
              > Post message: epicurerecipes@yahoogroups.com
              > Subscribe:
              > epicurerecipes-subscribe@yahoogroups.com
              > Unsubscribe:
              >
              > Shortcut URL to this page:
              >

              > Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ADVERTISEMENT

              > Terms of Service.
              >

              > =====

            • Catherine O'Neill
              Message 6 of 8 , Oct 9, 2004
                Do not whip the whipping cream. Just add to
                chocolate and stir. This is just to keep the fondue
                creamy. The recipe is simple. And when I served this
                at a party I divided it in half.

                Mexican Chocolate Fondue:

                1 1/2 cups VE Milk Belgian Chocolate
                1/4 cup whipping cream (enough to ensure a good
                consistency)
                3/4 tsp VE Mole Poblano Rub.

                Melt together and enjoy with bananas, kiwi,
                strawberries and pound cake.

                Cathy

                ---------------------------------

                epicurerecipes-owner@yahoogroups.com

                > Shortcut URL to this page:
                >

                > Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ADVERTISEMENT

                Yahoo!
                > Terms of Service.
                >

                > =====

                All recipes sumitted have not been tested by the
                Victorian Epicure Research and Development team unless
                otherwise posted.

                Victorian Epicure (Epicure Selections) do not take any
                responsibilities on any posted messages.Community
                email addresses:
                Post message: epicurerecipes@yahoogroups.com
                Subscribe:
                epicurerecipes-subscribe@yahoogroups.com
                Unsubscribe:

                Shortcut URL to this page:

                Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ADVERTISEMENT

                Terms of Service.

              • donna0077
                Message 7 of 8 , Jun 10, 2005
                  I have a simple Chocolate Strawberry treat:
                  I just melt the Milk chocolate Fondue chips in a small bowl in the
                  microwave, (be careful not to scorch it)

                  -Dip the Strawberry's in the chocolate about 3/4 of it leaving the
                  stem on for easy handleing.
                  - PLace them on parchment paper and then into your refrigerator for 20 mins.
                  - Once the chocolate hardens they will peel off easily. Enjoy.