Pepper Jelly Tartlets

  • Janine Whiting
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 2, 2004
      I prepared this recipe for our meeting last week and was asked to
      post it. It is in the Volume 4 cookbook but I changed it a little.

      Pepper Jelly Tartlets

      2 cups shredded cheddar cheese (medium or old is best)
      1/2 cup butter or margarine, softened
      1 1/4 - 1 1/2 tsp VE Cajun seasoning
      1 cup flour
      Approxomately 2/3 cup Pepper jelly - red or jalapeno

      In food processor combine cheese, butter and Cajun spice until well
      blended. Add flour and pulse until it forms a ball of soft dough.
      Shape into small balls and press into mini muffin pans, forming a
      tart. Into each tart, put 1 tsp pepper jelly. Bake at 400F for 10
      minutes or until golden. Let cool in pans 5 minutes before removing
      to cool completely. Can be frozen after baking up to 1 month.
      Makes 24-36 tarts depending on the size you make the balls. Enjoy!

      Janine Whiting