Passion

  • Clark, Gloria
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 25, 2001
      This is from a article, I received @ work today, it's about the Elton John
      and Bill Joel concert in Vancouver on January 22, the last part of the story
      is what made me think that others might like to see it. If you don't think
      it's appropriate, that's okay.

      "It's a hard day's night"
      Or: "How do you collect 2 million dollars rent for one night on you
      property?" Well, you take two pianos, 2 great artists, you take GM place,
      you take fabulous music and you charge between $100 and $280 a seat and
      presto...the dough is yours. Billy Joel and Elton John did just that on
      Monday night... Everyone cried to mellow sweets like "Candle in the wind"
      and "Piano man" and was on their feet rocking to great classics like "It's a
      hard day's night", "Great balls of fire" - all us baby boomers were indeed
      "down-aging" that night. A night to remember!! Was it worth it? You bet!
      These "golden old" guys had one thing that rocked the crowd. They had
      PASSION! PASSION! Goes to show, that whatever we do in life, whatever our
      trade, our work, our beliefs, our values, our standards...let's do whatever
      we do but let's do it with PASSION. If you do, you'll move the crowd, you
      leap out of the crowd...and maybe, just maybe...that $2 million will follow.

      Gloria Clark, Library Assistant
      BULL, HOUSSER & TUPPER
      Vancouver, Canada
      mailto:gmj@... http://www.bht.com
      Tel: (604) 687-6575 or Direct (604) 641-4864
      Fax: (604) 646-2640

      This e-mail may be privileged or confidential. Any use of this e-mail by an
      unintended recipient is prohibited.
      If you receive this e-mail in error, please call me immediately.