This is a VE converted low carb recipe from the ever so popular A-
I have yet to try it but it sounds delicious! I bet you can do this
in tin foil on the BBQ too.. just to avoid turning on the oven in the
summer. I think this would be superb as a picinc pleaser the next
4lemons, thinly sliced
4 bone-in chicken breast halves with skin (about 3 pounds)
8 garlic cloves, peeled
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon freshly VE ground pepper
1 tsp of VE Mint
1 tsp of VE Greek Spice
10 pitted kalamata olives, cut in half (optional)
4 ounces feta cheese, crumbled (about 3/4 cup)
1. Arrange rack in center of oven. Heat oven to 350°F. Layer lemon
slices on the bottom of a 13" x 9" baking dish; set aside.
2. Gently run your fingers between chicken breast and the skin to
loosen skin. Press 2 garlic cloves through a garlic press. Lift the
skin from 1 breast and rub garlic between skin and breast. Repeat
process with remaining chicken breasts and garlic cloves.
3. Drizzle olive oil and lemon juice over chicken breasts. Sprinkle
with salt and pepper and rub into skin.
4. Place chicken breasts over the lemon slices in prepared pan.
Combine mint and oregano in a small bowl; evenly sprinkle over
chicken breasts. Sprinkle olives over chicken, if using.
5. Bake 45 minutes, until juices run clear when chicken is pricked
with a fork. Remove from oven and sprinkle with feta. Bake 5 minutes
more. Serve with pan juices.