Re: Job help

  • Lisa Zimmer
    Message 1 of 6 , Feb 1, 1999
      What is a research assistantship in foresrty and how could I find out
      more information about one?

      Could you also tell me the differnce between a degree in Environmental
      science and a degree in Environmental studies? What types of
      environmentalists do large businesses or corporations look for?

      Thanks for your help.
      Lisa

      >How about a research assistantship in forestry? Then you could work
      >outdoors and get your masters degree at the same time.

      >>From: "Lisa Zimmer" <zimmerlm@...>
      >>
      >>I am a recent college graduate with a BA in Geography. I am looking
      for
      >>an environmental job but I cant decide exactly on what. I want to get
      >>masters degree as well. I have experience working for the US Forest
      >>Service doing trail and campground maintenance, interpretation, and
      >>fighting forest fires. I also have worked for the National Park
      Service
      >>as a Law Enforcement Park Ranger. I currently work in Memphis, TN as a
      >>Law Enforcement/Resource Management Park Ranger at a 4500 acre urban
      >>park. As you can tell I enjoy being outside in nature. I really want
      >>find a job that lets me spend alot of time outside as I dont think
      desk
      >>jobs are for me. So I am looking for adivce about colleges, master
      >>degree programs, and career ideas.

    • Eugene Carroll
      Message 2 of 6 , Feb 1, 1999
        That is where you go to graduate school and they give you a part-time
        job and tuition re-imbursement. Usually you need a 3.3 GPA or work
        experience to get them, but not always. I will find some and post them
        in following messages.

        >From: "Lisa Zimmer" <zimmerlm@...>
        >
        >What is a research assistantship in foresrty and how could I find out
        >more information about one?
        >
        >Could you also tell me the differnce between a degree in Environmental
        >science and a degree in Environmental studies? What types of
        >environmentalists do large businesses or corporations look for?
        >
        >Thanks for your help.
        >Lisa
        >

        >>How about a research assistantship in forestry? Then you could work
        >>outdoors and get your masters degree at the same time.
        >

        >>>From: "Lisa Zimmer" <zimmerlm@...>
        >>>
        >>>I am a recent college graduate with a BA in Geography. I am looking
        >for
        >>>an environmental job but I cant decide exactly on what. I want to get
        >>>masters degree as well. I have experience working for the US Forest
        >>>Service doing trail and campground maintenance, interpretation, and
        >>>fighting forest fires. I also have worked for the National Park
        >Service
        >>>as a Law Enforcement Park Ranger. I currently work in Memphis, TN as
        >>>Law Enforcement/Resource Management Park Ranger at a 4500 acre urban
        >>>park. As you can tell I enjoy being outside in nature. I really want
        >>>find a job that lets me spend alot of time outside as I dont think
        >desk
        >>>jobs are for me. So I am looking for adivce about colleges, master
        >>>degree programs, and career ideas.

      • nophilosophy
        Message 3 of 6 , Feb 9, 2006
          Hi all,

          I graduated from law school in May of 2005, moved to Colorado and passed the state bar this
          past summer. I have summer intership expereince in environmental consulting, on the legal
          compliance end of things, and am looking to for something similar in the Denver area.
          Mostly, I want to use my legal degree in some sort of environmental way. I'm admitted to the
          state bar and am looking to start immediatly. It's been slow going on the job hunt by myself,
          so I thought I would see if anyone out there can help!

          Thanks much!
          Alexandra S. Haas
        • ned2350
          Message 4 of 6 , Feb 9, 2006
            Well, the obvious place to start is with whatever agency enforces
            Colorado's environmental laws. They will need attorneys to help
            with enforcement, enforcement settlements and to help write rules.

            ned.

            --- In EnviroJobs@yahoogroups.com, "nophilosophy" <nophilosophy@...>