Re: [EnviroJobs] Summer Internship Tips

  • Nick Damato
    Message 1 of 3 , Dec 1, 2000
      Hi,
      The first suggestion I have is that you DON'T move somewhere
      first and then look for a job. Look for a job FIRST and then move
      to where the job is. That's how you get the crucial work experience
      that you need on your resume. After 3-5 years of experience, then
      you can try picking your preferred living location and finding a job
      there, and you'll have a much better chance of success. I'd suggest
      you try contacting the US Public Health Service. They have a lot of
      really tough grunt jobs out west that will get you some experience in
      the env. health field, plus it gets you in the federal system and makes
      you eligible for more federal jobs.

      >>Hi there! I'm a student at Boise State University,
      Idaho. I'm going to graduate December 2000 with a B.S.
      degree in environmental health and a minor in Biology.
      I havent found a job yet but i'm going to move to
      Portland,Oregon after my graduation to continue my job
      searching there. Is there anyone has any suggestion
      about companies or non-profit organization i should
      approach? Thanks!<<