new member

  • michael farrell
    Message 1 of 18 , Jan 2, 2000
      my name is mike farrell and i am a senior at hamilton
      college in clinton, ny. i'm looking for a job when i
      graduate, and want to do do some conservation
      work/environmental education at a national park,etc
      out west somewhere, or maybe even back east too. in my
      searchings on the internet, i discovered
      wolf-ridge.org, where you can get graduate credits in
      environmental education by teaching visiting school
      groups. does anyone know anything about this program,
      or other opportunities in the field. thanks in advance
      for all your help and input.

      http://messenger.yahoo.com
    • Erin Ganahl
      Message 2 of 18 , Nov 21, 2000
        Hi Everyone:
        My name is Erin, and I just signed onto the envirojobs
        list. I signed on for many reasons, the most important
        of which is that I have just graduated with a BA in
        environmental studies, am starting out on the job
        hunt, and am beginning to try and figure out what's
        out there, and where I will fit in.
        I am most interested in issues of environmental
        justice, especially on the international level, but I
        am fascinated and excited by all things environmental.
        My background is in policy, but I have learned some
        about environmental science, philosophy, economics,
        etc etc. I also speak Spanish.
        I am currently looking for a job in the San Francisco
        Bay Area, so if anyone has any tips, it would be
        greatly appreciated. I am especially interested in
        getting some exposure to environmental law, as well as
        campaigns or research that deal with
        environmental/human rights issues. I am adept at all
        types of research and reporting, word processing and
        data analysis, have had a great deal of experience
        with people from many different countries and
        backgrounds, and grassroots coalition building.
        So, like I said, if anyone has any suggestions, I
        would be greatful. I also look forward hearing the
        various points of view present in this list.
        Thanks!
        -Erin

        http://shopping.yahoo.com/
      • Asantiago318@aol.com
        Message 3 of 18 , Nov 25, 2000
          Erin,

          Check out the want ad in the Sacramento Bee and the San Francisco Examiner.
          Lots of environmental jobs out there in the bay area/Sacramento area.

          Angel Santiago
        • b-ta
          Message 4 of 18 , Feb 27, 2002
            Hello all!!!

            I am a postgraduate student from Indonesia who studies in Brussels.
            I've been studying Marine Ecology and I'm interested in Geographical
            Information System (GIS) and I want to work in this field, especially
            in Europe.

            Regards
            Retno Widianingrum
          • Sezgi Ulucam
            Message 5 of 18 , Jun 7 1:01 PM
              Dear EnviroJobs list members,

              I am a first-year in the University of Chicago, planning to major in
              Biology, concentrating on Ecology and Evolution. I am from Istanbul,
              Turkey. I joined this list in order to learn more about what the career
              opportunies, discussions and issues related to ecology are like.

              Thanks a lot,
              Sezgi
            • daciarose2003
              Message 6 of 18 , Jun 11 7:17 PM
                hi,
                my name is dacia, and i've just signed onto this group. i have a
                background in archaeology and some geology, and i'm interested in
                moving into environmental science, so i thought this would be a good
                place to join the community and learn some about job opportunities! i
                have an opportunity before me to start to do some environmental work
                (phase I and II site assessments, asbestos survey, etc.) along with
                cultural resources for a consulting firm, but i am not sure what kind
                of salary i should be seeking with my background. any help?
                thanks,
                dacia
              • dave wise
                Message 7 of 18 , Dec 23, 2003
                  I am currently enrolled at University of Central Florida half way through my B.S. in Biology. Have worked with raptors at Bird of Prey Center in Orlando and done some sea turtle work (tagging,nest indexing, clutch sampling,netting etc). I also have some 6 years experience in wildlife rehab. Am a certified arborist and landscape tech. Also U.S. Coast Guard licensed captain.Will be looking for employment, preferably in the field soon. Any help greatly appreciated.

                • rpggrant
                  Message 8 of 18 , Oct 20, 2004
                    Hello all,
                    My name is Ric Grant, and I am currently attending my graduating
                    year at Acadia University as Biology major (chemistry minor). Prior
                    to coming to Acadia, I worked in various forest related industries
                    on the West Coast of Canada. During the years that were spent here,
                    I developed a great appreciation for wildlife, outdoors, and nature
                    in general. Although my interests in the outdoors were apparent at a
                    very young age; it was through my employment and educational
                    experiences, that a heightened sense of curiousity, as well as
                    greater understanding of the complexity of natural systems has
                    developed.
                    I hope to find work in the wildlife biology field, however I am
                    unsure of the areas that would best suit my personality and
                    interests. I am sure that we all have romantic ideas of hiking
                    through forests and flying in helicopters etc., in our day to day
                    work as wildlife biologists. However, I realize that this may not be
                    a realistic approach to finding challenging, and rewarding areas of
                    work in the field(if it isn't, someone please show me the front door
                    to that office, cos' i'm there!).
                    Through this site, i hope to hear about some of the different types
                    of work people have experienced, and also to get some additional
                    information on who is hiring, where etc..
                    Hope to hear from someone soon
                  • gun_lee17
                    Message 9 of 18 , Apr 6, 2005
                      hi. i am Gunajit, studying my M.Sc. Microbiology, from Bangalore. i am
                      interested in Microbial application for cleaning up of environments.
                      Biodegradation and bioremediation are my topic of interest. hope to get
                      help from the group.
                    • k_maneka
                      Message 10 of 18 , Sep 8, 2005
                        hi all new addition to the group,i m and eco architect from india,
                        chkng out enviro jobs in USA any suggestions?
                      • waterdaizee
                        Message 11 of 18 , Sep 16, 2005
                          Hello,
                          I'm happy to have found this group of like-minded individuals.
                          I'm currently finishing my MSc in Earth Science (Hydrogeology) and
                          looking for work. I have a BSc in Environmental Science and some work
                          experience as a research assistant.
                          Does anyone know a reliable source of information on salary ranges for
                          hydrogeologists do consulting work in Canada? I know that I'll be
                          asked my salary expectations during interviews and all I have heard
                          from my colleagues so far is "try to get as close to $40 000/yr as
                          possible".
                          Nice to meet everyone,
                          Pattie
                        • pinky 22in
                          Message 12 of 18 , Sep 24, 2005
                            hi kishan
                            plz be clear with your questions.so that it will easy
                            for me to answer.thanks for showing the web site eco
                            employ .com lots of opppertunities are there. yea i
                            coded a basic salary 40K$ just to increase my
                            oppertunities nothing wrong in it .depending on
                            perfomance we can get appraisal.i got experience for 4
                            yrs in water and waste water treatment. and other
                            field i am familiar thats all.r u still checking all
                            the test cases? thank you bye. my griffith university
                            mail is not working.
                            bye
                            --- waterdaizee <waterdaizee@...> wrote:

                            > Hello,
                            > I'm happy to have found this group of like-minded
                            > individuals.
                            > I'm currently finishing my MSc in Earth Science
                            > (Hydrogeology) and
                            > looking for work. I have a BSc in Environmental
                            > Science and some work
                            > experience as a research assistant.
                            > Does anyone know a reliable source of information on
                            > salary ranges for
                            > hydrogeologists do consulting work in Canada? I know
                            > that I'll be
                            > asked my salary expectations during interviews and
                            > all I have heard
                            > from my colleagues so far is "try to get as close to
                            > $40 000/yr as
                            > possible".
                            > Nice to meet everyone,
                            > Pattie

                            > --------------------~-->
                            > Yahoo! your home page

                            http://us.click.yahoo.com/dpRU5A/wUILAA/yQLSAA/Kv0qlB/TM

                            Yahoo! India Matrimony: Find your partner online. Go to http://yahoo.shaadi.com
                          • Heather Vaillant
                            Message 13 of 18 , Sep 27, 2005
                              Hi, Yahoo hotjobs has a salary calculator at http://hotjobs.yahoo.com/salary . I'm not sure if it includes Canada, but maybe on the Yahoo Canada page. The best way to find out is usually to talk to people in the field and find out what they make. Try asking your professors if they know what typical salaries are or if they know people who would be willing talk to you about careers in the field.

                              For job interviews, the general advice is never to be the first one to mention a number. You should just ask what they usually pay people in that position and base your answer on that. The reason is that usually the first person to mention a figure loses the negotiation. Try reading articles about salary negotiation on hot jobs, monster, careerbuilder, etc.

                              waterdaizee <waterdaizee@...> wrote:
                              Hello,
                              I'm happy to have found this group of like-minded individuals.
                              I'm currently finishing my MSc in Earth Science (Hydrogeology) and
                              looking for work. I have a BSc in Environmental Science and some work
                              experience as a research assistant.
                              Does anyone know a reliable source of information on salary ranges for
                              hydrogeologists do consulting work in Canada? I know that I'll be
                              asked my salary expectations during interviews and all I have heard
                              from my colleagues so far is "try to get as close to $40 000/yr as
                              possible".
                              Nice to meet everyone,
                              Pattie

                              Science Compare college Ecology book General ecology Compare college textbook Ecology

                            • Jessa Lou De Claro
                              Message 14 of 18 , Apr 3, 2006
                                hello all!i am a new member to this yahoo group.
                                i am a marine biologist from the philippines, currently working with a
                                regional environmental management bureau but still seeking for greener
                                pastures and career fulfillment in the field of environmental
                                science/management.

                                i saw that this group has a plenty of resources for job seekers and
                                provides an avenue for discussion on environment-related topics. so i
                                think im going to visit this site more often.

                                glad to be a member!

                                jessalovetheocean
                              • Michael Drescher
                                Message 15 of 18 , Feb 10, 2009
                                  Hi List,

                                  My name is Michael Drescher. I work as a Post-doctoral Fellow for the Faculty of Forestry at the University of Toronto. My background is in forest ecology and animal behavior. I have special interests in modeling vegetation dynamics, spatial statistics, and knowledge management.

                                  I joined this list because we here at U of T have a number of seasonal jobs to fill. I will post the ad in a sec. And since I am working on a contract, maybe down the line there will be a job ad that is interesting to myself.

                                  Regards, Michael