Boston Gay Pride Parade ~ come march with NELA!

  • LeathrSail@aol.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 4, 2012

      On Saturday, June 9th, at noon Boston Pride will host its 42st annual Pride Parade and we hope you'll join us in celebrating this exciting and important event. At exactly noon there will be a moment of silence to honor the people who cannot march in this year’s Pride Parade. They include those who are no longer with us because of AIDS and Homophobic Violence, and those who live under oppressive regimes that do not permit Pride marches.

      For the last 19 years, NELA has been organizing a contingent as part of the Boston Pride parade, allowing smaller groups to march in one larger contingent to save the considerable expense of registering separately and to encourage visibility of leather, kink, & fetish people in the parade. On June 9th, please plan to once again join NELA to march as one huge contingent in Boston's Pride parade.

      Pride starts at NOON. Rain or Shine. Registration opens at 9:30 a.m. We won't know until the Thursday before PRIDE what our assigned number will be. So stay tuned for more information on our meeting spot.

      Following the parade plan to join NELA on City Hall Plaza under the Leather Pride Tent where your group can sell tee-shirts, badges, pins, calendars, or hand out information about your organization.

      The Harbormasters of Maine will be bringing their leather pride flag again, so we will need volunteers to help carry the flag.

      Hope to see you there!

      Scott

      NELA, Chair