Boston Pride Announces Call for 40th Anniversary Theme

  • Boston Pride
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 1, 2009
      Boston Pride : Boston Pride Announces Call for 40th Anniversary Theme
      If this message is not displayed properly, click here to launch your browser.

      Boston Pride

      Boston Pride Announces Call for 40th Anniversary Theme

      P R E S S   R E L E A SE

      Contact:
      Linda DeMarco, President
      Boston Pride
      info@...

      BOSTON PRIDE ANNOUNCES CALL FOR 40TH ANNIVERSARY THEME

      Boston, MA, November 1, 2009 - The Boston Pride Committee is excited to announce the nomination period for the 2010 Pride theme. "This is a special year for us" says Linda DeMarco, President of the Board of Directors for the Committee. "This year will mark our 40th anniversary, and we have a lot to celebrate."

      DeMarco goes on to explain that it was 40 years ago that a group from our community gathered on the Boston Common to protest the discrimination they were facing. "The discrimination was literally killing people in our community," DeMarco adds, "and after the Stonewall uprising, Boston's lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender (LGBT) community responded. Because of this remarkable anniversary, our theme needs to be special."

      The Boston Pride Committee first opened the annual theme nomination process to the public when searching for the theme for the 2008 celebration, and the number of submissions has grown exponentially since then. Anyone can nominate a theme by visiting www.bostonpride.org/theme. The nomination period will open November 1st and remain open until November 15th. The Committee will then compile the nominations, and open the voting period to the public on November 22nd. The results will be announced after December 5th.

      Questions can be directed to info@... or by calling the Committee's PrideLine at 617-262-9405.

      ###

      About Boston Pride

      The Boston Pride Committee is an all-volunteer, non-profit organization registered in the Commonwealth of Massachusetts. Meet the Board of Directors and the Chairs of the Committee:

      Keri Aulita - Vice President, Board of Directors
      vp@...

      Sylvain Bruni - Board of Directors
      sbruni@...

      Malcolm Carey - Board of Directors
      mcarey@...

      Linda DeMarco - President, Board of Directors
      president@...

      Pierce Durkin - Clerk, Board of Directors
      clerk@...

      Wilfred Labiosa - Board of Directors
      wlabiosa@...

      Heather Mills - Logistics Chair
      logistics@...

      Cale Moore - Merchandise Chair
      merchandise@...

      Sarah Prager - Volunteer Chair
      volunteer@...

      Cat Sauer - Festival Chair
      festival@...

      "The Boston Pride Committee, serving the lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender (LGBT) and allied community, works to enhance the visibility of Boston's LGBT community through a week of events each June, in conjunction with year-round activities, to promote LGBT awareness, dignity, and understanding."

      Web: www.BostonPride.org
      Email: info@...
      PrideLine: 617-262-9405

      Boston Pride and the Boston Pride logo are registered service marks
      of the New Boston Pride Committee, Inc. in the United States and other countries.
      Please review our Service Mark Policy for more information.

      Copyright © 2009 The New Boston Pride Committee, Inc. All rights reserved.

      Email Marketing by
      iContact - Try It Free!

      Manage your subscription