Re: [Ensoniq-ASR10-EPS16] ASR 10 rack users PLEASE HELP!

  • Dan Appert
    Message 1 of 10 , Sep 1, 2011
      I am trying to sample and the o.s. floppy that came with it only has one file on it called "file 1 lead on me 2" which I haven't been able to load.  The red light above the instrument bank I assign it to just keeps flashing.  I am completely oblivious to this kind of interface and step by step directions geared towards a toddler would be greatly appreciated.

      Message 2 of 10 , Sep 1, 2011
        Download the manual from the files section.
        Go to page 155.
        Follow the instructions. See if you can sample something and play it from the keyboard. See if you can save it to a disk.

        Maybe the disk you are using is corrupted.

        Message 3 of 10 , Sep 1, 2011
          Thanks I have followed the the manual as well as a dvd tutorial several times and everything goes well up until the "play root key or enter" command. I can hear the signal coming in, I adjust the input to just bellow clipping on the asr's meter and record, but when I play the root key no sound plays back.

          Download the manual from the files section.

          Go to page 155.

          Follow the instructions. See if you can sample something and play it from the keyboard. See if you can save it to a disk.

          Maybe the disk you are using is corrupted.

          --- In Ensoniq-ASR10-EPS16@yahoogroups.com, Dan Appert <danzilla09@...> wrote:

          > I am trying to sample and the o.s. floppy that came with it only has one file on it called "file 1 lead on me 2" which I haven't been able to load.  The red light above the instrument bank I assign it to just keeps flashing.  I am completely oblivious to this kind of interface and step by step directions geared towards a toddler would be greatly appreciated.

          Message 4 of 10 , Sep 2, 2011
            After being prompted to play root key, the sample should be mapped across the keyboard, and when you touch a key it should make a sound.
            It seems like you've got a hardware problem with the ASR. The first thing I would do is to open up the case, remove the memory and then reseat it. Perhaps there is a bad connection for the slots. Although the fact that under utilities the system detects 16 megs in it suggests otherwise. If that doesn't help, I would then disconnect and reconnect all of the plug in cables. After that, if it still fails to record you sample, or load files from disk, you're going to have to send it to a tech or find someone with greater depth of knowledge/experience to repair it. Good luck.