corrupted instruments on the EPS16+

  • Troy
    Message 1 of 4 , Jun 2, 2010
      Ok so i can sample some stuff, save the instrument and then turn the EPS 16 off. When i reboot the EPS16 and then reload that instrument i will get a error saying the disk is corrupted ?. Is it my old disks bad floppy drive ?
    • Garth Hjelte
      Message 2 of 4 , Jun 2, 2010
        At 09:11 AM 6/2/2010, you wrote:

        >Ok so i can sample some stuff, save the instrument and then turn the
        >EPS 16 off. When i reboot the EPS16 and then reload that instrument
        >i will get a error saying the disk is corrupted ?. Is it my old
        >disks bad floppy drive ?

        Could be. Prediction: are you using DS/HD floppies, or DS/DD floppies?

        If you are using DS/HD floppies, they can't be used reliably, even if
        you tape over the hole.

        Garth Hjelte
        Sampler User
      • Troy
        Message 3 of 4 , Jun 2, 2010
          No im using the correct floppies for the machine, anyone else have this problem ?
        • John Karns
          Message 4 of 4 , Jun 3, 2010
            On Wed, Jun 2, 2010 at 7:11 AM, Troy <phunny_money@...> wrote:

            > Ok so i can sample some stuff, save the instrument and then turn the EPS 16 off. When i reboot the EPS16 and then reload that instrument i will get a error saying the disk is corrupted ?. Is it my old disks bad floppy drive ?

            I presume that you meant to put "or" between "disks" and "bad".

            If the problem is consistent across several disks, then I'd venture to
            say that it's probably the drive. Although if the disks are routinely
            left lying about in the room (not in a box or better yet in a plastic
            bag) then it could be that the disks are contaminated with dust. It
            might be that the drive heads just need to swabbed with alcohol.

            --
            John