Cubase Midi Device Manager. Automated File maker now in the Files Section.

  • mweetman2000
    Message 1 of 2 , May 2, 2010
      Hi
      I have just finished writing an Excel VBA application to allow you to import the directory structure of your Ensoniq drive into the Cubase Midi Device Manger.
      There were a few challenges to make this possible as many of you will appreciate having seen posts on this forum & elsewhere on the net.
      Anyway, I have posted the Excel file that contains the VBA code, along with instructions on "how to" in the Files area.
      Feel free to give this a try & let me know how you get on.
      This has given my ASR as new lease of life, as I can easily change sounds directly from the Graphical Directory structure in Cubase's Midi Device Manager, & not even touch the ASR while making music.
      Enjoy....
    • mweetman2000
      Message 2 of 2 , Jan 24 12:54 PM
        Just added the MIDI Device Manager file for the Ensoniq CDR1 to the Files Area as an example of my Cubase MIDI Device Manager utility.
        If you have this disk, then you need to copy the whole CD to a directory which must be under "FILE 1" on your ensoniq drive. You can call the directory CDR1 for example as this is what I use in the file.
        Remember to disable Sys Ex to your ASR/EPS (this overcomes the problem with fast program changes on the EPS/ASR, by inserting a LONG 100 milisecond dummy Sysex command between patch changes).
        Then you can access the contents of your drive directly from Cubase MIDI Device Manager.
        Suprised I haven't had many comments on my utility, as I have found it completely invaluable for my MIDI setup.
        I can now access my 20 or so CD ROMS directly from Cubase without touching a button on the ASR...
        Cubase also sorts the CDs for keywords to find any related sounds :-)

        With this, there is realy no need to spend money to update your ASR......