HARD DISK BROKEN !!

  • gerklingenfuss
    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 2, 2002
      Hi, I'm from Argentina. Last Saturday I was sampling with my ASR10
      and suddenly the hard disk stopped recording. I also could not format
      any disk, nothing but reading. I opened the board and then the disk
      drive, clean it up and connected again. This time it also did not
      read (I repeat this proceeding 14 times). The screen says "Please
      insert disk". I inserted all my disks, the disk reader seems to move,
      the disk also spins but nothing is read or record.
      Questions:
      1) Is this fixable (remember, I live in Argentina. EMU support=0)
      2) Where can I buy a new hard drive (my ASR10 has not an SCSI)?

      HELP!!!!
    • cokoc1234
      Message 2 of 3 , Oct 2, 2002
        You are saying that you don't have SCSI in your ASR10, then how is that possible that you have a hard disk connected to it ?

        you can buy stuff for the ASR10 on www.syntaur.com or www.chickensys.com but again, is it about the diskette drive you are speaking or about a SCSI hard disk ?

        kokok

        --- In Ensoniq-ASR10-EPS16@y..., "gerklingenfuss" <gerklingenfuss@y...> wrote:
        > Hi, I'm from Argentina. Last Saturday I was sampling with my ASR10
        > and suddenly the hard disk stopped recording. I also could not format
        > any disk, nothing but reading. I opened the board and then the disk
        > drive, clean it up and connected again. This time it also did not
        > read (I repeat this proceeding 14 times). The screen says "Please
        > insert disk". I inserted all my disks, the disk reader seems to move,
        > the disk also spins but nothing is read or record.
        > Questions:
        > 1) Is this fixable (remember, I live in Argentina. EMU support=0)
        > 2) Where can I buy a new hard drive (my ASR10 has not an SCSI)?
        >
        > HELP!!!!
      • gerklingenfuss
        Message 3 of 3 , Oct 2, 2002
          Sorry Kokok, I'm speaking of the diskette drive.