EPS m Buttons

  • Frank
    Message 1 of 4 , Nov 1, 2009
      Well, my enter button went flying into my EPSm.
      Had to remove 37 screws to get to it. There I found
      the cheapest plastic design buttons made to break.
      Sigh....
      It's a long shot, but does anyone know where to get these
      cheapo button assemblies? Either that or crazy glue I guess.
      Some of the others are about to snap off too.
      Such a bad design!
    • dwilson3@tampabay.rr.com
      Message 2 of 4 , Nov 2, 2009
        Yes, how dare a button break off on a 20-year-old sampler! Man, Ensoniq
        really screwed us with that cheap piece-o-crap, eh?

        Message 3 of 4 , Nov 2, 2009
          hi frank try syntaur i think they sell the buttons theres small 1,s and large 1,s they are badly designed the 2 prongs get brittle over time and snap

          the only other thing is to get a batch made that would fit the eps and asr10

          Message 4 of 4 , Nov 2, 2009
            Thanks for the tip Jammie.

            As for Mr Wilson, this EPSm was used in 1989 for one month, and then packed away in a box for all these years. There is no arguing that the button design is terrible and cheap. It was in 89, and it still is. The buttons on the EPS keyboard model have taken 20 years of abuse with no problems here, the EPSm design is another story though. It's a forum ya know....