Is there a future for Ensoniq EPS, ASR?

  • Dr°3°Tri
    Message 1 of 55 , Oct 1, 2009
      Tough luck.

      We all know RC and their products. I bet that all of them work somehow
      but i guess that every product has not been 100% of ready when sold..
      I suggest people to try before buy. Theres demo versions available i
      remember?
      I have found some full versions from p2p networksfor testing and my
      experiences were that translator or some another program crashed all the
      time. No matter if it was running compatibility mode of older OS or not.

      How about Kurzweils Ensoniq instrument conversion? How accurate those are?

      Personally i dont care much about preset sounds anyway, its a matter of
      honour to create all sounds myself -except perhaps drumkits.. but if
      someone has done good Ensoniq sounds by themself situation is pretty
      much same.
      One another choise is to buy one of those newer Ensoniqs like ASR-X in
      good condition, those should load older models sounds better than
      competitors?

      -
      Dr°

      ||| http://a.33e.biz /-xnd srv-/ ´
      ||-|_o \\__________\______|\--(
      ||o| o \\ \\ |/-´ ` )
      || () http://www.myspace.com/teeveear
    • Gordon JC Pearce
      Message 55 of 55 , Oct 5, 2009
        On Mon, 2009-10-05 at 22:10 +0000, scott_peer wrote:
        > Well then, perhaps we should collaborate. I would enjoy brainstorming
        > a bit about how to use generic computer hardware to emulate these key
        > functions.
        >
        > Perhaps there is a way ...

        Okay, as I understand it (from playing with my VFX) the transwave
        function works in a similar way to the loop point modulation on the
        straight EPS, but crucially it will wait until the loop return to jump
        to the next slice.

        Is this correct?

        Gordon MM0YEQ