Re: Migrating EPS Instruments to soft-sampler

  • gregory_petriccione
    Message 1 of 9 , Sep 1, 2008
      A copy of this message is being sent to support@...

      Thank you for addressing my conversion issues mentioned below.

      However, the results of conversion using Translator Free build 116 are
      still disappointing. (The SFZ file is being played back with RGC SFZ
      1.97.)

      1. All notes sound out of tune.
      2. The lower notes (below note 62) cutoff after a short time.
      3. The aftertouch legato effect is incorrect.

      There must be some disconnect regarding these fixes, which have been
      addressed twice with Issue 3159, and Issue 3314:

      1. Are we both using the same conversion settings,
      2. Is the correct conversion being confirmed.

      Questions:

      1. Are you guys testing the conversion in RGC SFZ 1.97?
      2. Am I required to have Dimension LE/Pro to hear the correct conversion?

      Thanks.

      GP

      --- In Ensoniq-ASR10-EPS16@yahoogroups.com, Garth Hjelte <garth@...>
      wrote:

      > At 09:00 PM 8/11/2008, you wrote:
      >
      > >Also, what was wrong with the Kontakt conversions?
      > >
      > >I didn't convert to the Kontakt format. In my original post, I was
      > >simply explaining that the Kontakt demo app did not correctly load the
      > >efe instrument file, although the Ensoniq instrument format is
      > >"natively" supported.
      >
      > It's transparantly converted as it loads in, and the code behind that
      > is Translator code.
      >
      > > > More importantly, what sampler are you loading the SFZ's into?
      Dimension?

      > >I am using RGC:audio SFZ V 1.97 (from the Project5 download page)
      > >Must I upgrade to Dimension LE or Dimension Pro?
      >
      > Not necessarily, I'm checking.
      >
      > >I asked because this is the setting used for the LFO in the "Legato
      > >Flute" instrument. Aftertouch on the converted Translator SFZ file did
      > >not produce the same vibrato effect as the original instrument played
      > >back through the EPS. I thought maybe part of the problem was that SFZ
      > >could not recreate the same parameters.
      >
      > I'm not sure it can, I'll know more later.
      >
      > >Note that I am only interested the main patch (I am not using
      > >*OX.sfz, *XO.sfz, and *XX.sfz).
      >
      > OK
      >

      > Garth Hjelte
      > Sampler User

    • Garth Hjelte
      Message 2 of 9 , Sep 1, 2008
        At 11:29 AM 9/1/2008, you wrote:

        >Thank you for addressing my conversion issues mentioned below.
        >
        >However, the results of conversion using Translator Free build 116
        >are still disappointing. (The SFZ file is being played back with RGC SFZ 1.97.)
        >
        >1. All notes sound out of tune.
        >2. The lower notes (below note 62) cutoff after a short time.
        >3. The aftertouch legato effect is incorrect.
        >
        >There must be some disconnect regarding these fixes, which have been
        >addressed twice with Issue 3159, and Issue 3314:
        >
        >1. Are we both using the same conversion settings,
        >2. Is the correct conversion being confirmed.
        >
        >Questions:
        >
        >1. Are you guys testing the conversion in RGC SFZ 1.97?
        >2. Am I required to have Dimension LE/Pro to hear the correct conversion?

        Not sure why you are sending this here - we get all your emails. We
        don't use the forum for Technical Support.

        Garth Hjelte
        Sampler User