RE: [Ensoniq-ASR10-EPS16] Re: flash banks

  • Scott Nordlund
    Message 1 of 9 , Jan 1, 2008
      Can you please write to the list using some manner of punctuation? It's very difficult to follow your "stream of consciousness" writing style.

      To: Ensoniq-ASR10-EPS16@yahoogroups.com
      From: jammie.emma@...
      Date: Mon, 31 Dec 2007 11:43:04 +0000
      Subject: [Ensoniq-ASR10-EPS16] Re: flash banks

      --- In Ensoniq-ASR10-EPS16@yahoogroups.com, Gordon JC Pearce

      <gordon@...> wrote:

      > On Mon, 2007-12-31 at 11:11 +0000, jammie.emma wrote:

      > > who would be interested in plug in flash cards that could be plugged

      > > in like a game cart i have schematic for the flash bank cards and have

      > > made some mock circuit test boards ill keep every body posted and will

      > > put up pictures when it is done.

      > > it will be grate having 1mb of removable sounds of all your favorite

      > > sound that you can just plug in and play .

      > Sounds brilliant. Need any help with it?

      > Gordon

      yeah gordon ill send you some info soon when I've proto typed it its

      about making it as small as possible and I'm still undecided ware to

      stick it needs to be on top just need to find a space under the cover

      to the front any idea's the plug socket is the easiest just a ribbon

      cable from the flash bank socket to a socket mounted on the surface

      with a flap i might even butcher a sega maga drive for the mechanism

      and the cartridge cases the black ones would be best

    • Johan Alpmar
      Message 2 of 9 , Jan 2, 2008
        Very interesting, i've been looking around for a flashbank for either 16+ or asr-10,
        but mostly for the 16+, for use in live performances..havent found any on the net/e-bay
        If you get it working maybe others could buy schmatics from you?
        /Johan

        To: ensoniq-asr10-eps16@yahoogroups.comFrom: gsn10@...: Tue, 1 Jan 2008 16:46:06 -0500Subject: RE: [Ensoniq-ASR10-EPS16] Re: flash banks

        Can you please write to the list using some manner of punctuation? It's very difficult to follow your "stream of consciousness" writing style.To: Ensoniq-ASR10-EPS16@yahoogroups.comFrom: jammie.emma@...: Mon, 31 Dec 2007 11:43:04 +0000Subject: [Ensoniq-ASR10-EPS16] Re: flash banks--- In Ensoniq-ASR10-EPS16@yahoogroups.com, Gordon JC Pearce<gordon@...> wrote:>> > On Mon, 2007-12-31 at 11:11 +0000, jammie.emma wrote:> > who would be interested in plug in flash cards that could be plugged> > in like a game cart i have schematic for the flash bank cards and have> > made some mock circuit test boards ill keep every body posted and will> > put up pictures when it is done.> > > > it will be grate having 1mb of removable sounds of all your favorite> > sound that you can just plug in and play . > > Sounds brilliant. Need any help with it?> > Gordon>yeah gordon ill send you some info soon when I've proto typed it itsabout making it as small as possible and I'm still undecided ware tostick it needs to be on top just need to find a space under the coverto the front any idea's the plug socket is the easiest just a ribboncable from the flash bank socket to a socket mounted on the surfacewith a flap i might even butcher a sega maga drive for the mechanismand the cartridge cases the black ones would be best __________________________________________________________The best games are on Xbox 360. Click here for a special offer on an Xbox 360 Console.http://www.xbox.com/en-US/hardware/wheretobuy/%5bNon-text portions of this message have been removed]

      • cuddlycreep
        Message 3 of 9 , May 4, 2009
          i was wondering if theres any way to make a flash bank with a cf card and like an ide to cf bridge can someone verify something like this for me booting from floppy is becoming a strain
        • jammie
          Message 4 of 9 , May 4, 2009
            you can only do it with scsi to ide bridge but you need a scsi card on the eps16+

            Message 5 of 9 , May 4, 2009
              so i cant just attach a 50 pin cable to the non volatile expansion and get a bridge for a cf card

              > you can only do it with scsi to ide bridge but you need a scsi card on the eps16+

            • jammie.emma
              Message 6 of 9 , May 4, 2009
                --- In Ensoniq-ASR10-EPS16@yahoogroups.com, "cuddlycreep" <cuddlycreep@...> wrote:

                > no definitely not you will damage the sampler and the flash

                they have different voltages and have different signals and as i said the flash interface can only access 2mb max with out software upgrade which is never going to happen unless you can get someone to reverse engineer the rom and the os