EPS 16+ With SyQuest Syjet (Help Please)

  • easye_77
    Message 1 of 5 , Nov 1, 2007
      Whats going on everybody? I'm kinda new to this forum and i seriously
      need some help because i am frustrated. I just bought a SyQuest Syjet
      1.5 GB hard drive to use with my EPS 16+ keyboard. Well i bring it
      home and set it up. SCSI out from drive to the SCSI in on the EPS 16.
      I turned it on and let it spin. Then i turn on the EPS and go to
      format SCSI device. After some trial and error i found out the SCSI ID
      is 4 or 3. Then i select erase and format disk and it will
      flash "formatting". So i wait 10, 20, 30 minutes. It's still flashing
      formatting. I wait another 30 min and it's still flashing. What's
      going on? Why won't it format??? The first time i tried formatting i
      think it said "error formatting device? or something. Other times it
      would say "drive is not ready". I am very confused.. Could someone who
      is familar with SyQuest please help? What should i do? Thank you
    • Flipwon@aol.com
      Message 2 of 5 , Nov 1, 2007
        Old machine + scsi 1 + 1.5 gb?
        lol

        My 100 meg zip drive takes like 5 minutes if I use the eps16 to format it.

        I suggest you connect the HD to your computer and use Translator to format it real quick. Takes like 5 seconds. Haha.

        Message 3 of 5 , Nov 1, 2007
          --- In Ensoniq-ASR10-EPS16@yahoogroups.com, Flipwon@... wrote:

          > Old machine + scsi 1 + 1.5 gb?
          > lol
          >
          > My 100 meg zip drive takes like 5 minutes if I use the eps16 to
          format it.

          > I suggest you connect the HD to your computer and use Translator
          to format it real quick. Takes like 5 seconds. Haha.

          > LOL.. Yeah 1.5 GB is alot. I just thought it would work well
          since the Rubber Chicken site said it was compatible. Well i don't
          have Translator. Does anybody know where i can download it? Do i
          have any other options? Are there any other good HD's that have been
          known to work well?

          Please)

          Message 4 of 5 , Nov 3, 2007
            --- In Ensoniq-ASR10-EPS16@yahoogroups.com, "easye_77"
            <easye_77@...> wrote:

            I just downloaded Translator Free. Can someone please tell me
            how i could format my Syjet with this program? Thanks

          • Garth Hjelte
            Message 5 of 5 , Nov 4, 2007
              At 03:26 PM 11/3/2007, you wrote:

              >I just downloaded Translator Free. Can someone please tell me
              >how i could format my Syjet with this program? Thanks

              Start Translator Free
              Click Tools-Format
              See the Syjet in the list, click that
              Select Ensoniq for the format type, select Entire Drive
              Go from there.

              If the Syjet doesn't show up, that means you have a ASPI issue. Look
              in the Help file for Help.

              Garth Hjelte
              Sampler User