Re: Beware of Hardsoundz.com (ensoniq samples)

  • goldenechos
    Message 1 of 9 , Sep 2, 2005
      I bought from this guy, the disk arrived quickly, but the sounds were
      not too great. Maybe just the set I bought (Sidstation).

      Tony

      --- In Ensoniq-ASR10-EPS16@yahoogroups.com, "hardcore51er"

    • mishon66@aol.com
      Message 2 of 9 , Sep 3, 2005
        Better yet buy from the guys that have been in it for years Rubber chicken and syntaur, sometimes it makes me wish we were in the sample biz...but I will leave to the pros.
        Rich at Route 66 Studios

        <jcphap@c...> wrote:
        > This company is very unprofessional, just read the bad feedback on
        ebay. Paid for the
        > sample disks through their website, one week later, they had not
        even shipped. No
        > response to calls, finally he replied to my email (below). Just
        warning everybody.

        > You know Jeremy, on second thought I really don't give a crap what
        your
        > explanation is going to be.
        >
        > I'm assuming you are just looking for a way to back out of the
        order you
        > placed, since it has only been four business days since you placed
        it, and
        > your threats are completely worthless and absolutely laughable -
        nobody is
        > going to be remotely interested in your situation, and you really
        don't have
        > any reason, or are in any position to be sending an email to me
        with that
        > tone to it.
        >
        > So I tell you what, here's what you are getting from me - not disks
        for your
        > sampler. I have begun the process of refunding your card for the
        full amount
        > of your order (it takes a few days to post). This is probably what
        you
        > wanted in the first place, but you probably should have gone about
        it a
        > different way, which would have involved not irritating me.
        >
        > It's too bad, because your disks would have arrived on Wednesday.
        >
        > When your refund is posted, please, by all means, run out and find
        useable
        > disks someplace else for your Ensoniq EPS or 16+ from one of the
        numerous
        > places that still support those ancient machines. You will never be
        getting
        > any disks from me, which is too bad for you because I have the good
        stuff,
        > and the cheapest anywhere.
        >
        > And feel free to drop by #527 to say hello, any time you are in the
        > neighborhood, day or night. Please, I insist.
        >
        > And in answer to your final question, nope, I don't believe you,
        since
        > there's nothing you could possible do. Nobody cares if you blab on
        some
        > crappy web site. Nobody at any BBB or any other agency is going to
        remotely
        > care if your order didn't arrive in a couple of days, or if it
        didn't arrive
        > in a couple of weeks for that matter.
        >
        > And good luck finding usable sounds for your Ensoniq.

        *** Community for Ensoniq EPS Classic, EPS16+, ASR10, ASR88 users ***

        Newbies ...
        search the Message Archives at this link before posting:
        Homepage:

        Subscribe: Ensoniq-ASR10-EPS16-subscribe@yahoogroups.com

        Yahoo! Groups Links

      • Greg Mengue
        Message 3 of 9 , Sep 3, 2005
          Not a good bet, Rich; Rubber Chicken has been selling stolen sounds for
          years. Look at message #2794 if your memory needs refresh.

          With "pros" like RC as competitors, I'm glad I never wasted my time to
          get into that business.

          --- In Ensoniq-ASR10-EPS16@yahoogroups.com, mishon66@a... wrote:
          > Better yet buy from the guys that have been in it for years Rubber
          chicken and syntaur, sometimes it makes me wish we were in the sample
          biz...but I will leave to the pros.
          > Rich at Route 66 Studios
        • Garth Hjelte
          Message 4 of 9 , Sep 3, 2005
            At 07:29 PM 9/3/2005 +0000, you wrote:

            >Not a good bet, Rich; Rubber Chicken has been selling stolen sounds for years.

            Of course we don't, good grief.

            Garth Hjelte
            Sampler User
          • Greg Mengue
            Message 5 of 9 , Sep 3, 2005
              Yes, Garth, you were still selling Bill's sounds just a few years
              ago, and I bet you still are. Messages #2794 and #2797 tell the story
              quite plainly, especially since you did not even dispute Bill's
              statements, in your own message (#2797).

              What kind of an excuse do you have for knowingly selling stolen
              sounds? That's just plain dishonest. Why shouldn't the rest of us
              just share all of your sounds for free, since you have no respect for
              ownership?

              --- In Ensoniq-ASR10-EPS16@yahoogroups.com, Garth Hjelte <garth@c...>
              wrote:
              > At 07:29 PM 9/3/2005 +0000, you wrote:
              >
              > >Not a good bet, Rich; Rubber Chicken has been selling stolen
              sounds for years.

              > Of course we don't, good grief.
              >

              > Garth Hjelte
              > Sampler User
            • Garth Hjelte
              Message 6 of 9 , Sep 3, 2005
                At 09:16 PM 9/3/2005 +0000, you wrote:

                >Yes, Garth, you were still selling Bill's sounds just a few years
                >ago, and I bet you still are.

                Thanks, note my other post to you. I'm not aware of any of this.

                Garth Hjelte
                Sampler User
              • Paradigm
                Message 7 of 9 , Sep 6, 2005
                  You know,this is getting weird.I have been online for
                  a minute now,and no matter what,just like in real
                  life,it all comes out in the wash.As musicians,music
                  lovers,or just users of Ensoniq gear,by purchasing
                  what we have,we made a committment to be a part of
                  cult status anyway,because everything at the time was
                  MPCs and other gear.If there is info,sounds,or tweaks
                  that can assist anyone in their successes,there should
                  not be a problem sharing it among group
                  members,especially if they have been or being sold.I'm
                  wondering how many more interesting tidbits will be
                  uncovered,and how things wiil pan out?

                  http://mail.yahoo.com