CAKEWALK

  • status gee
    Message 1 of 5 , Jan 5, 2002
      Is there a way to set up the ASR10, so that it will
      not trasmit velocity and other controller notes? I
      want my asr10 to act like my typing kyboard and not
      tramit anything but note down.

      Statusgee...

      Send FREE video emails in Yahoo! Mail!
      http://promo.yahoo.com/videomail/
    • Mike Goins
      Message 2 of 5 , Jan 5, 2002
        Well, note velocity is part of the note message so it will
        always get transmitted. Maybe you would like for it to
        transmit a fixed velocity for each key? I have not seen a
        way for the ASR to do this.

        As far as the CC's and other messages you can setup Cakewalk
        to ignore these messages.

        > Is there a way to set up the ASR10, so that it will
        > not trasmit velocity and other controller notes? I
        > want my asr10 to act like my typing kyboard and not
        > tramit anything but note down.
        >
        > Statusgee...
      • John Bair
        Message 3 of 5 , Jan 5, 2002
          You could use MIDI-OX or a similar program and filter out all events except
          note on before the events even get to Cakewalk. (www.midiox.com).

          John
          http://www.fumph.com

        • status gee
          Message 4 of 5 , Jan 6, 2002
            THanks for your time and information, I am on my way
            to the site to check it out.

            Message 5 of 5 , Jan 6, 2002
              Thanks for the information. I think that i have a work
              around for the time being. I am going to use my drum
              machine to trigger my drum soundfonts. My drum machine
              doesn't transmit varied note velocities. I can still
              use the ASR with melodic sounds.

              The problem with this is that it only has so many
              buttons on the front. So i can only trigger like 25
              events without changing the key range of my drum
              machine.