RE: [Ensoniq-ASR10-EPS16] Re: WAVEBOY VOCODER

  • Herbert H. Hebert
    Message 1 of 14 , Feb 1, 2004
      If you want a real vocoder, then you need to buy a doepher, nord
      micromodular, or access virus, or similiar piece of hardware. There is
      Prosoniq Orange Vocoder VST plugin for Cubase.

      Message 2 of 14 , Feb 1, 2004
        A couple of quotes from the Voder user guide...

        Page 3 asks "What is a Voder? A voder is a speech synthesizer which
        is controlled manually."

        Page 15 states: "The Voder does not become a vocoder with audio-in.
        On a vocoder, the voice input signal is analyzed, and the carrier
        input signal becomes filtered. In the Voder there is no analysis; the
        audio-in signal is like the carrier signal; it becomes filtered."
      • status gee
        Message 3 of 14 , Feb 2, 2004
          Thanks for the info.

          Message 4 of 14 , Feb 2, 2004
            Thanks again for all of the feedback and for the time
            that you all have spent on this.

            Statusgee

            Message 5 of 14 , Feb 2, 2004
              Sure.. I have been an EPS owner since 1989.

              I use my EPS as input to my vocoder.

              The Nord Micromodular is a nice vocoder, but its only 16 band. and is
              around 500$

              It is also an analog modeling synth.

              ==

              The Access Virus is 32 band and is around 1500$ and is an analog
              modeling synth.

              I own both, and a ton of other gear.

              Prosoniq Orange Vocoder is pretty cool. You all might want to look at
              that. It is a VST Plugin.

              Message 6 of 14 , Feb 3, 2004
                Thanks Herbert for the info. I want to use a vocoder
                to add a litle spice to a track here and there on an
                upcoming cd. I think I might get the orange vocoder. I
                am a fan of the efx that Roger Troutman uses. There
                was a free at AnalogX.com, however I was never able to
                get anything useful out of it. I heard that even casio
                made a vocoder. Well If I come across it in a
                hardware, I might pick one up.

                Thanks for your time.

                Statusgee
                --- "Herbert H. Hebert" <ept4@...> wrote:
                > Sure.. I have been an EPS owner since 1989.
                >
                > I use my EPS as input to my vocoder.
                >
                > The Nord Micromodular is a nice vocoder, but its
                > only 16 band. and is
                > around 500$
                >
                > It is also an analog modeling synth.
                >
                > ==
                >
                > The Access Virus is 32 band and is around 1500$ and
                > is an analog
                > modeling synth.
                >
                > I own both, and a ton of other gear.
                >

                > Prosoniq Orange Vocoder is pretty cool. You all
                > might want to look at
                > that. It is a VST Plugin.

                === message truncated ===

                Message 7 of 14 , Feb 3, 2004
                  If you can figure out how to use it. Thats half the battle. You can't do
                  anything live with it. It all has to be pre recorded WAV files then that
                  has to be filtered through the orange vocoder. BIG DISADVANTAGE if you
                  ask me.

                  I would look at least a 16 band vocoder if not 32 band if you want
                  intelligibiity. It will be much clearer and understandable this way.

                  --- "Herbert H. Hebert" <ept4@...> wrote:
                  > Sure.. I have been an EPS owner since 1989.
                  >
                  > I use my EPS as input to my vocoder.
                  >
                  > The Nord Micromodular is a nice vocoder, but its
                  > only 16 band. and is
                  > around 500$
                  >
                  > It is also an analog modeling synth.
                  >
                  > ==
                  >
                  > The Access Virus is 32 band and is around 1500$ and
                  > is an analog
                  > modeling synth.
                  >
                  > I own both, and a ton of other gear.
                  >

                  > Prosoniq Orange Vocoder is pretty cool. You all
                  > might want to look at
                  > that. It is a VST Plugin.

                  === message truncated ===