Re: sound module

  • Ronn
    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 1, 2003
      Excuse me if I get this wrong, and any help is welcomed

      I think you are getting the concept of the controller confused. The
      way you described your set-up, the EPS isnt controlling anything.

      "I connected the controller midi out to eps midi
      > in and eps midi thru to drum machine midi in. problem is when i set
      > my controller to play on say channel 5 how do i get eps to send on
      > channel 1 then say another instrument on 2 and 3 so on"

      The EPS is in this instance a sound module and only receives
      information, not send it. the THRU connection allows a duplicate of
      the MIDI IN information to pass thru. From what I can gather, the ESQ
      is your sequencer. So you would sequence the data on the appropriate
      channels of the ESQ, which should play back thru the EPS(make sure
      the settings are correct). Your Drum machine is probably on midi
      ch.10. Most likely you can change that to whatever you need.
    • jaydub23510
      Message 2 of 3 , Sep 2, 2003
        Thanks for your help ya'll. This is a testament as to how easy this
        machine is. After less than a week I was able to hook my gear up
        with midi and a 12 channel mixer, I am sampling vinyl and anything
        else in the EPS and using my controller to trigger sounds from my
        drum machine and eps. I didn't have a manual for none of my
        machines, and my drums have been tweaked to the fullest
        (decay,pitch,etc). I feel like I've grasped the concept of song
        arranging, midi, learned a little about sampling, now I want to start
        recording. All my EPS users especially what are you guys recording
        on. Have anybody used digital recorders, like the boss 1180 or is
        computers the way to go.