slang

  • Mario Lugo
    Message 1 of 83 , Dec 4, 2009

      Hi all dears friends hope u all are  pretty good, im back in the building now after long time inative, sending a great english article

      Cut and dry

      Definition:

      Something which is very obvious and clear; not requiring further explanation.

      Example:

      1) Stop asking me questions--the instructions are cut and dry.

      Definition:

      Excellent, the best.

      Example:

      1) Michael Jordan was da bomb -- he was the greatest basketball player ever!

      Etymology:

      'Da bomb' is African-American slang that became popular in the 1990s. 'Da' is an informal way to say 'the', and 'bomb' refers to something very powerful and explosive.

      Synonyms:

      phat

      Definition:

      Risky, dangerous

      Example:

      1) Getting into a fight with Tim is very dicey -- he is a black belt in karate.

      It is possible to fail in many ways...while to succeed is possible only in one way.” Aristotle

      Ing. Mario Lugo
      Supervisor de Almacen
      Agua Planeta Azul, C. por A.
      Telf.: 809-565-7765, Ext. 2255
      Cell: 829-716-7098
      Santo Domingo, D. N
      www.aguaplanetaazul.com

    • Mario Lugo
      Message 83 of 83 , Jun 29, 2010

        Definition:

        To leave; to go home. Also used as a command meaning 'go away' or 'leave me alone'.

        Example:

        1) It's getting kind of late, so I think I'm going to hit the road.

        2) Hit the road, bub. I'm not looking for a boyfriend.

        Etymology :

        In this phrase, 'hit' refers to the physical contact between your feet and the road ( the pavement you walk or drive on ).

        Synonyms :

        skedaddle