slang

  • Mario Lugo
    Message 1 of 83 , Oct 1, 2009

      Definition:

      To die

      Example:

      1) Old man Douglas croaked last week.

      2) After grandpa croaked, I inherited his pickup truck.

      Etymology:

      'Croak' refers to the sound that some animals make when they die.

      It is possible to fail in many ways...while to succeed is possible only in one way.” Aristotle

      Ing. Mario Lugo
      Supervisor de Almacen
      Agua Planeta Azul, C. por A.
      Telf.: 809-565-7765, Ext. 2255
      Cell: 829-716-7098
      Santo Domingo, D. N
      www.aguaplanetaazul.com

    • Mario Lugo
      Message 83 of 83 , Jun 29, 2010

        Definition:

        To leave; to go home. Also used as a command meaning 'go away' or 'leave me alone'.

        Example:

        1) It's getting kind of late, so I think I'm going to hit the road.

        2) Hit the road, bub. I'm not looking for a boyfriend.

        Etymology :

        In this phrase, 'hit' refers to the physical contact between your feet and the road ( the pavement you walk or drive on ).

        Synonyms :

        skedaddle