New England Tragedies

  • Gordon Harmon
    Message 1 of 5 , Sep 3, 2003
      Has anyone ever seen this book or have a copy of it? It is attached.

      Gordon

       New England Tragedies
    • Lea Mitchell Wright
      Message 2 of 5 , Sep 3, 2003
        Not me, but I'd sure like to read it.
        Lea Mitchell-Wright
        Message 3 of 5 , Sep 3, 2003
          Gordon:

          I took the liberty of doing a search on the Internet and found the
          text from the publication. The article is online at Cornell
          University's Library. The article entitled "The New England
          Tragedies" by Henry Wadsworth Longfellow is found on pgs. 201-204.
          It was published in a magazine called The New Englander, vol. 28,
          issue 106 (dated January 1869).

          To see the article, paste the link below into your browser and follow
          accordingly.

          http://cdl.library.cornell.edu/cgi-bin/moa/moa-cgi?notisid=ABQ0722-
          0028-32

          Cheryl Endicott Schwitzgebel
        • landymas
          Message 4 of 5 , Sep 3, 2003
            Cheryl,
            It looked to me that the link was to an article critiquing the
            Longfellow work and not the work itself which is 179 pages long.
            That is, unless I followed the wrong link. Anyway, the book is
            available through bookfinder.com from several sources. Here is a
            link to one site that has it for $10.
            http://dogbert.abebooks.com/abe/BookDetails?bi=14266162

            Frank
            --- In Endicott_Gen@yahoogroups.com, "caendicott" <cheryl@s...>

            Message 5 of 5 , Nov 17, 2003
              Mark

              Here is the second reference I was referring to.

              Longfellow, Henry Wadsworth. The New England Tragedies. (Boston: Ticknor and Fields, 1868). It may still be on Ebay. I am sure there is this reference in Salem.

              Gordon

               New England Tragedies