Regarding the derivation of the Endicott name...

  • Kyle Elwood
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 22, 2013
      I find it curious that original spellings of the Endicott
      name were spelled as Ynndecot, Yondercot and similar
      spellings.  Perhaps its derivation is not what we
      previously thought.  It could be a blend of norman and
      welsh languages.
      yn
      at   preposition
      in   preposition
      inside   preposition
      into   preposition
      to   preposition
      within   preposition
      onnen   nf onn, ynn pl

                ash (tree)

      As you may know, Devon is fairly close to Wales.

      Kyle
    • Pattie Brunette
      Message 2 of 2 , Apr 29, 2013
        The name means tho "end cottage" or "Yonder cottage" as an identification of the people who lived in that particular cottage. Most of you probably know that already..